San Francisco, CA (April 26, 2018) — The Presidio Trust and Off the Grid announce the return of San Francisco’s community campfire – Presidio Twilight – for a fifth season, on Thursday evenings beginning, May 17, 2018. As the companion event to the popular Presidio Picnic, which takes place on Sundays from 11 am - 4 pm, Twilight runs every Thursday from 5 pm - 9 pm, featuring a diverse and delicious menu of food options from local creators, live music, free outdoor games, and 30 lantern-lit cabanas and fire pits that set the mood for a “picnic at dusk” atmosphere.
Located in the heart of the Presidio on the Main Parade Ground, Twilight provides a perfect place to meet up with friends, colleagues, and family, and avoid cooking after a day’s work. The diverse cuisines available will make sure everyone is satisfied.
“What better way to enjoy the great outdoors than in a national park at the doorstep of San Francisco?” says Allison Stone, Director of Park Programs for the Presidio Trust. “Presidio Twilight welcomes one and all to dine under the stars, play, connect with each other and enjoy a campfire surrounded by history, culture, great food, and amazing views.”
“The ambiance of Presidio Twilight is really what makes it so special,” says Off the Grid Founder Matt Cohen. “The Presidio is the perfect setting to come together, sit by the fire and share in a uniquely San Francisco experience.”
In addition to the fun and games, Presidio Twilight’s 2018 lineup of the best Bay Area mobile food creators will showcase cuisine from around the world including:
- The Boneyard: San Francisco style BBQ serving perfectly roasted and smoked meats paired with seasonal sides and fresh baked bread
- Mozzeria: Traditional and imaginative pizzas made in an authentic Neapolitan pizza oven
- Cousins Maine Lobster: “Shark Tank” success story offering Maine lobster rolls, fried clams and other seafood staples
- Twister Food Truck: A fusion of Eastern flavors and Western indulgence
- Johnny Doughnuts: Handmade, small-batch doughnuts with flavors inspired by the seasons
- Casablanca: Authentic Morrocan and Mediterranean flavors serving a variety of pita wraps, salads, and falafels
- Waffle Roost: Gourmet chicken and waffles combining traditional Southern buttermilk fried chicken with a true Belgian waffle
- 808 Poke Shack: Traditional Hawaiian poke and fusion cuisine including fan-favorite Pokerrito and big ol' bowls
New to Twilight this year:
- I Love Cheesesteak: Asian fusion cheesesteak combining concoctions like seasoned ribeye bao with onion, bell peppers, nacho cheese and bacon
- Yoshi Sushi & Grill: Owner Jinyao Huang brings 8 years of experience as a sushi chef to his brand new mobile concept
- Wezy: Not a typical taco truck, partners Ross B and Chef Wezy bring their fine dining experience from around the globe to a mobile experience offering Asian baos with elevated flavor
- Mixwell: This mobile noodle concept hit the streets earlier this month and serves noodles mixed with unassuming flavors like Portuguese sausage, Cajun seafood, and Tempura tofu and carrot
Visitors can start the evening early at the Presidio Visitor Center (open 10 am– 5 pm daily), located right next to the Main Parade lawn, giving guests an overview of the Presidio and the many offerings in the park. The Visitor Center is also a prefect stop for any forgotten picnicking gear, like a warm fleece jacket, blanket, flashlight, bottle opener, or sustainable, bamboo re-usable picnic utensils. Arrive before 5PM to learn more about the Presidio and to pick up last minute supplies.
Like Presidio Picnic, Presidio Twilight is designed with sustainability in mind and strives to be a zero-waste event. All containers provided by food vendors are compostable, no plastic straws or water bottles are sold, and participants are encouraged to follow the "leave no trace" ethos – including accessing the park without a car.
A free natural gas shuttle, PresidiGo Downtown Shuttle, provides regular service to major transit lines, MUNI provides direct service, and miles of trails and bikeways provide an alternative way to get to the park. Presidio Twilight is located on the historic Main Parade Ground, bordered by Montgomery Street, at Lincoln Boulevard. For additional ways to access the Presidio, visit presidio.gov/transportation or Presidio Twilight’s Facebook page for directions from neighborhoods within San Francisco and from East/North/South Bay regions.
For more information on Presidio Twilight, RSVP on Facebook or visit www.presidio.gov/presidio-picnic. To receive updates as new details are announced throughout the season, follow #PresidioTwilight, @OfftheGridSF and @PresidioSF on Instagram, and @OTGSF and @presidiosf on Twitter.
About Off the Grid
Founded in San Francisco in 2010, Off the Grid is a placemaking platform that empowers people and businesses to create authentic experiences. Off the Grid unlocks the value of space through curated food and event design services, offering innovative public and private event production and scalable employee dining experiences. Credited with reviving and keeping street food alive in San Francisco, Off the Grid sets the stage for discovery with public markets in 15 Bay Area locations including over 60 events routinely serving more than 100,000 people weekly. Follow Off the Grid by visiting www.offthegrid.com and following them on Twitter: @OTGSF, Instagram: @OffTheGridSF, Facebook: @OffTheGridSF.
About the Presidio and the Presidio Trust
The Presidio Trust is a federal agency that manages the Presidio of San Francisco, a national park at the heart of the 82,000-acre Golden Gate National Recreation Area. In partnership with the National Park Service and the non-profit Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy, the Presidio Trust brings alive the park’s historic, natural, and recreational assets for the inspiration, education, health, and enjoyment of all people at no cost to taxpayers. Spanning nearly 1,500 acres in a spectacular setting at the Golden Gate, the Presidio is defined by its history, spectacular views, natural habitats, and beautiful open spaces. It is home to 3,000 residents and 200 tenant organizations, many of which welcome and serve the public. The Presidio Trust is focused on welcoming all to the national park experience, protecting and enhancing the environment, and operating in service to the public. Learn more at www.presidio.gov. Follow the Presidio on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram: @presidiosf