Some events and activities require a special use permit because of the impacts they may have on the park's resources or visitors. Elements that could trigger the need for a special use permit include:
- Attendance of more than 30 people
- Need for road closures, detours, or intermittent traffic stoppages
- Tents or canopies
- Reserved parking, valet parking or shuttle service
- Food trucks, catering, or alcohol service
- Organized sports use – see Playing Fields information
To propose an event, contact the Presidio Trust at (415) 561-4200 or email@example.com. Please note that requesting a Special Use Permit requires a minimum of 10 working-days notice in writing.
The National Park Service Special Park Uses Group manages special events at Crissy Field and Baker Beach. To propose a special event at Crissy Field or Baker Beach, visit the National Park Service website or call (415) 561-4300.