With sweeping views and beautiful opens spaces, the Presidio is the perfect place to host a large event or small gathering. We currently offer two lawn sites for events – the Civil War Parade Ground and Graham Street Lawn both on the Main Post. These lawns can accommodate outdoor events for groups from 51 to 3,000 people. If you would like to hold an outdoor event in an area not listed, please let us know and we can determine if it is feasible.
Pricing is available upon request.
Picnics or Small Gatherings with 50 or fewer participants do not require a special use permit, unless any of the following uses trigger a permit with fees. Elements that could trigger the need for a special use permit, regardless of size include:
- Alcohol Service
- Catering or Food Trucks
- Reserved parking, valet parking or shuttle service
- Any significant equipment
- Please see the
FAQs page for more information
- Inflatables/jumpy jumps are not permitted in the Presidio
- Organized sporting activities are only allowed with a special use permit at Fort Scott Ball Field. See Playing Fields information
Picnic tables/gathering sites are available on a first-come, first-served non-exclusive basis
- Alcohol is allowed in picnic areas. Kegs are not allowed.
To get started, please fill out an
application and return to us.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at
email@example.com or call (415) 561-4200. In general, a permit requires a minimum of 10 business days to complete.