Main content

Outdoor Permits


Thank you for your interest in hosting your event in the Presidio!

The Presidio Trust issues special use permits for a variety of outdoor events, film shoots, camping, organized athletic events and other special uses within Area B of the Presidio.

As a unit of the National Park system and a National Historic Landmark District, the Presidio Trust must balance preservation of the parks natural and cultural resources, while providing for and encouraging visitor use and enjoyment.

This page outlines the basic type of special uses that typically require a permit. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at or call (415) 561-4200. In general, a permit requires a minimum of 10 business days to complete.

For more information about Special Use Permits for Outdoor Events, including how to obtain a permit or general information about permit requirements please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.

The Presidio Trust is a nonprofit independent federal agency. Your funds stay in the park to help support our public programs, rehabilitate and maintain our historic buildings, trail systems, native habitats, and open spaces for public use now and for generations to come.



The Golden Gate National Recreation Area Office of Special Park Uses manages the permitting process for outdoor events at Crissy Field, Baker Beach, East Beach, and West Bluff. For more information visit the National Park Service website or contact them at (415) 561-4300 or

For the City and County of San Francisco Recreation and Parks Department, contact them at San Francisco Recreation and Parks or (415) 831-5500.