The Presidio Trust is seeking an outgoing and personable Venue Sales & Coordination Supervisor to lead a dynamic team in hosting a variety of events and conferences in the Presidio. The Presidio is a new kind of national park. It is home to the spectacular vistas, nature and programs that visitors would expect in a national park as well as a community of residents and organizations who bring renewed vitality and purpose to this former military post. The Presidio offers awe-inspiring views and historic venues ideal for gatherings, celebrations, ceremonies, meetings and retreats for up to 700 people.
Each day is different at the Presidio venues – one day a conference for 10-280 people, and the next a wine tasting event, gala, wedding, bar mitzvah, trade show or a product launch. Our ideal candidate is flexible and fun – an organized and energetic ambassador who seamlessly welcomes visitors and leads a team of Event Venue Assistants in providing the highest level of customer service while coordinating numerous venues and events. You make it easy for anyone to plan a special occasion in the park, by helping assist the client with coordination of a variety of logistics such as the venue, catering, fire permits, rental equipment, audio/visual equipment, parking, insurance, and various event vendors.
Applications received by January 27, 2019 will receive first consideration. We are planning to hold the first round of interviews (via phone) January 30-31, the second round of interviews (in person) the week of February 4th, make a job offer in February, and set a work start date in February or March, 2019.
- Supervise a team responsible for managing events, including logistics, catering, fire safety, rental equipment set-up/break-down, and venue cleaning and maintenance.
- Assist the Hospitality and Event Venues Manager in the development and management of processes such as event calendars, event and meeting forms, Event Venue Assistant Training Manuals, email templates, Fire or other miscellaneous permits, and Ungerboeck event software.
- Confer with the Hospitality Facility Manager for venue cleaning, event equipment set-up, breakdown and maintenance.
- Participate in and contribute to marketing activities in compliance with the Hospitality Division's marketing strategy and marketing plan. Using Trust branding methodology, provide input for the development of marketing materials. Assist in the distribution of marketing to promote public interest and generate revenue. Attend industry events to market the Presidio's venues and other park uses.
- Sell and coordinate events and meetings for the Hospitality Division. Work with prospective clients to define the scope of the event, show venues, write permits, track event fees, coordinate building-related event logistics, follow up with client upon event completion, and ensure a high level of customer service.
- Ensure clients abide by Special Use Permit rules, including historic and environmental guidelines for each venue.
- Create and maintain client/event file, Ungerboeck event software system, and event calendars.
- Minimum of 5 years of sales and event coordination experience in special events or other trade-related business, OR equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to be flexible and adapt with change.
- Ability to think strategically; multi-task; attend to detail and deadlines; work well under pressure.
- Proficient with accounting principles.
- Computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook, and event management software.
- The work is principally sedentary. Some work may require walking and standing in conjunction with attendance at meetings or in the performance of tasks outside the office. The employee is typically required to carry light items and may drive or be a passenger in a motor vehicle.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to inclement outside weather conditions. The job requires that the employee be present and/or available for many activities taking place at odd hours including early morning, late night, and weekends. The job often requires work in excess of the standard 8 hour day, weekend and evening work.
- Must possess and maintain a valid California driver's license.
- Previous supervisory experience is highly desirable.
- A Bachelor's degree is highly desirable
- Passion for parks; strong desire to work for the Presidio.
- Ability to manage the expectations of a wide range of clientele.
About Presidio Trust Venues
The Presidio includes some of San Francisco's most iconic event spaces. The Officers' Club, one of San Francisco's first buildings, offers panoramic views across the main post lawn and San Francisco bay, a stunning ballroom, and an open air courtyard. The Log Cabin, built in 1937, sits near the Golden Gate Bridge; its warm and rustic interior is complemented by a large lawn with a panoramic view of the San Francisco skyline. The Golden Gate Club was once the enlisted men's service club. Today it is a popular celebration and meeting venue on the main post. Presidio Trust Events is honored to share these, and many other, sublime spaces to host special events.
Driver's License Investigation & Review
This position requires a current, valid Driver's License prior to starting work, and maintenance of a driver's license throughout occupancy of the position. You will be subject to a driver's license investigation as a New Entrant, and annual driver's license reviews thereafter. An individual's granting of an investigation and resulting reports thereafter is voluntary, however, employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a driver's license investigation. The Trust may refuse to hire an individual, rescind an offer of employment, or review and terminate the employment of a current employee who does not successfully complete the driver's license investigation.