The Presidio Trust is seeking a cordial and gregarious Venue Sales & Coordination Specialist to join a dynamic team that sells and hosts a variety of events and conferences in the Presidio. The Presidio is a new kind of national park. It is home to the spectacular vistas, nature and programs that visitors would expect in a national park as well as a community of residents and organizations who bring renewed vitality and purpose to this former military post. The Presidio offers awe-inspiring views and historic venues ideal for gatherings, celebrations, ceremonies, meetings and retreats for up to 700 people.
Each day is different at the Presidio venues – one day a conference for 10-280 people, and the next a wine tasting event, gala, wedding, bar mitzvah, trade show or a product launch. Our ideal candidate loves the Presidio, and is highly motivated and sales-oriented, bringing new business to the Presidio venues and helping manage a variety of events. You are accountable for achieving and growing sales forecasts, and juggling logistics with each step in sync with providing the highest level of customer service. You cultivate client partnerships and ensure that all details are communicated and executed for a successful and enjoyable experience for all involved.
This is a full-time position with benefits and a minimum salary of $50,426/year. Applications received by January 30, 2018 will receive first consideration. We are planning to hold interviews beginning the week of February 5th, make a job offer in mid-February, and set a work start date in March, 2018.
- Sell and coordinate events and meetings for the Hospitality Division. Work with prospective clients to define the scope of the event, show venues, write permits, track event fees, coordinate building-related event logistics, follow up with client upon event completion, and ensure a high level of customer service.
- Create and maintain client/event file, Ungerboeck event software system, and event calendars.
- Serve as the primary contact for permitted events, ensuring a high level of customer service, that fees are collected in a timely manner, and that the accounting documentation process is completed.
- Ensure all rules and regulations identified in the client's Special Use Permit for each venue (historic, environmental, use and occupancy) are adhered to.
- Attend industry events to market the Presidio's venues and other park uses.
- Serve as the on-call back-up support for the Hospitality Event Venue Assistants.
- Minimum of 3 years of sales experience in special events or other trade related business.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to close sales leads and up-sell hospitality and park partner locations.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to be flexible and adapt with change.
- Ability to think strategically; multi-task; attend to detail and deadlines; work well under pressure.
- Proficient with accounting principles.
- Computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook, and event management software.
- The work is principally sedentary. Some work may require walking and standing in conjunction with attendance at meetings or in the performance of tasks outside the office. The employee is typically required to carry light items and may drive or be a passenger in a motor vehicle.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to inclement outside weather conditions. The job requires that the employee be present for many activities taking place at odd hours including early morning, late night, and weekends. The job often requires work in excess of the standard 8 hour day, weekend and evening work.
- Must possess and maintain a valid California driver's license.
- Experience in coordinating events is desirable.
- Sales experience within the Hospitality field or related industry is desirable.
- Passion for parks; strong desire to work for the Presidio.
- Ability to manage the expectations of a wide range of clientele.
About Presidio Hospitality
The Hospitality Venues Team welcomes clients and their guests from across the Bay Area, the United States, and the world! Not only a National Geographic 2015 Best of the World top destination for travelers, the Presidio is also an incredible place to gather for events. Intimate chapels, elegant reception sites, and conference facilities provide beautiful backdrops for weddings, celebrations, meetings, and retreats. The Hospitality Venues Team offers a complete event experience, connecting our visitors and clientele to popular venues and amenities such as catering from Bay Area Chef Traci Des Jardins, overnight accommodations at the Inn at the Presidio, and recreational opportunities all around the park.