The Presidio Trust is seeking a Transportation Operations Specialist to manage the PresidiGo shuttle and parking program in the Presidio. The Presidio is a new kind of national park, and is located in the northwest corner of San Francisco at the base of the Golden Gate Bridge. The Park is home to nearly six million square feet of buildings, over thirty miles of paved roads, over twenty miles of developed trails, a bus transit system (PresidiGo) and transit center, several parking lots and bus stops.
Our ideal candidate is a vigilant and organized multi-tasker with the ability to manage a multi modal transportation network. You have an excellent understanding of transportation modes and operations, and specialize in cost-effective solutions to logistical challenges. You are especially skilled at customer service, conveying issues and opportunities with Trust employees, tenants, visitors, residents, and service providers with poise and professionalism.
Applications received by October 16th, 2017 will receive first consideration. We are planning to hold interviews beginning the week of October 23rd, make a job offer by mid-November, and set a work start date in November or December.
- Develop and implement the park-wide parking management program for tenants and visitors to the Presidio, including: establishing regulations, recommending fee adjustments, coordinating installation of equipment and signage, managing the Trust's contract with the parking management company, designing parking layout, coordinating enforcement, determining the allotted number of allowable spaces for each tenant, and conducting and evaluating occupancy counts.
- Administer the day-to-day operation of the Trust's PresidiGo shuttle system. Oversee contractor operations and maintenance activities, plan route and schedule adjustments, schedule charter service, track ridership, manage fleet and capital replacement, respond to passenger inquiries and concerns, and oversee contracted maintenance of the Presidio CNG fueling station.
- Develop, implement and administer the Trust Transportation Demand Management (TDM) program. Assist tenants with the development of their plans, develop new program elements, manage/conduct travel behavior and PresidiGo passenger surveys, complete and submit grant applications, manage funds, work with service providers, develop and update information for website and smartphone apps, coordinate and host events, and provide commute assistance/trip planning for Presidio employees and residents.
- Manage other transportation operations programs such as bike storage, car share and bike share programs, walking programs, coordination with other transit providers, and public information programs. Respond to general public inquiries about transportation and parking at the Presidio.
- Ensure that assigned projects and programs adhere to their approved budgets and schedules. Regularly update the Transportation Manager and others on project status, schedules, and budgets. Manage contractors, including review of contractor generated invoices, cost estimates, bids, schedules, cost controls and management of the project records. Coordinate with Trust departments working on minor construction projects in support of parking management, PresidiGo and TDM programs.
- Provide other Trust staff with transportation operations input during pre-development, construction, lease negotiations, compliance, special events and other phases of projects.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in transportation, urban planning, civil engineering, environmental studies, geography, or a related field from an accredited university.
- At least two years of professional experience in transportation operations, transportation planning, or transportation demand management (a graduate degree in one of the referenced field may substitute for one year of experience).
- Skill in oral and written communications, with particular emphasis on public speaking, customer service, and community outreach.
- Solid proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, with the ability to interpret and present data and concepts in a concise manner.
- Excellent ability to work well both independently and in a cross functional team environment.
- Passion for working for a park, specifically the Presidio
- Knowledge and experience in GIS, database management, and statistical analysis.
- Optimistic and positive attitude with a demonstrated deep commitment to the highest level of customer service
About the Presidio Trust Transportation Department
Approximately 3,000 people reside in apartments, townhomes, single-family homes or duplexes in one of the 21 distinct Presidio neighborhoods, which are located near forest stands, native plant communities, trails, the Golden Gate Bridge, a golf course, and a beach. The Presidio Trust Transportation Department is responsible for providing for the safe, efficient and responsible transportation of Presidio employees, residents and visitors, and supporting the Trust's larger vision for making the Presidio welcoming to all and creating a positive impact. The Transportation Department administers a comprehensive transportation demand management program to minimize the impact of the reuse of the Presidio on surrounding SF neighborhoods while providing for the access needs of tenants, residents, and visitors. The Trust's transportation program incorporates an integrated land use and transportation planning approach to reduce automobile traffic to, from and within the Presidio; improve Presidio-wide transit, bicycle, and pedestrian access; and implement traffic calming and safety improvements.
This position requires the completion of the U.S. Office of Government Ethics (OGE) Form 450, Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, both as a New Entrant into the position and annually thereafter. The purpose of the financial disclosure system is to assist employees and their agencies in avoiding conflicts between official duties and private financial interests or affiliations.