The Presidio Trust is seeking a Technical Security Manager to lead the implementation of IT security programs that advance the posture of the Trust's critical mission and business systems. The Presidio is a unique national park located in San Francisco at the Golden Gate. On any given day at the Presidio, organizations are pursuing new ideas, scientists are conducting research, and people of all ages are volunteering, learning, playing and exploring. Hundreds of former military buildings are animated by more than 3,000 residents and 200 companies, including high tech start-ups, innovative non-profits and others that offer a welcoming mix of visitor experiences. The park has a mosaic of cultural and natural plant communities, including historic gardens and forests and restored and remnant wetlands, sand dunes, grasslands and salt marsh. Almost 400 native plant species grow here, several of which are endangered and grow nowhere else in the world.
Our ideal candidate will be a key contributor to the design, implementation, administration, maintenance, and monitoring of the IT security program. You have significant experience in identifying, investigating, and resolving security incidents; and a high level of technical expertise in operational, physical/facility, network, server, and workstation security. You are extremely capable of assessing risks, designing mitigating security and control practices, influencing the culture of an organization through training and education, and coordinating with information and business owners on security issues and practices.
Applications received by April 2nd, 2018 will receive first consideration. We are planning to hold the first round of interviews beginning the week of April 9th, the second round of interviews beginning the week of April 16th, make a job offer in late-April, and set a work start date in May, 2018.
- Establish policies and standards for ensuring security and compliance for the Presidio Trust network and environment.
- Review information systems for compliance with regulatory and compliance mandates and specify any required changes.
- Coordinate the delivery of an IT security awareness-training program for end users within all levels of the organization.
- Establish mechanisms to promote awareness and adoption of security best practices.
- Conduct system security evaluations, audits, and reviews and develop systems security contingency plans and disaster recovery procedures.
- Ensure that information ownership responsibilities are established for each information system to include accountability, access approvals, and special handling requirements.
- Establish incident response policies and procedures.
- Investigate, troubleshoot, analyze and resolve problems related to the IT security infrastructure as well as application and system problems that have been escalated for senior level support.
- Formulate short and long-range plans, goals and agency policies and procedures for maintaining and improving information security and privacy programs.
- Monitor and audit security aspects of IT operations.
- Audit the Presidio Trust Active Directory (AD) structure to verify that only those rights and privileges necessary are properly assigned.
- Participate in solution design reviews for applications, servers and networking.
- Responsible for helping define standards for the security hardening of Presidio user systems.
- Proactively scan network to identify potential threats and vulnerabilities.
- Respond to security incidents and provide fault resolution and escalation.
- Conduct active penetration tests; discover vulnerabilities in information systems.
- Develop and maintain Presidio Trust cyber crisis management plans (Incident Response and BC/DR).
- Provide expertise and support on use of methods and tools for implementing or maintaining adequate security.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or a related field from a four-year college or university; AND at least 6 years of specialized experience that includes: at least 5 years of project/program management experience, at least 5 years of Network server/Active Directory (AD) administration experience, and at least 3 years of network security scanning tools (Nessus, Qualys, etc) experience.
- Experience in developing organizational policies and supporting documentation, and with Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) solutions.
- Excellent organization and communication skills, and the ability to convey security posture and potential issues to Presidio Trust management both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to organize, plan, prioritize and follow through on work; and to work in an environment where deadlines are essential.
- Ability to interact and communicate clearly with technical support staff and end-users.
- Passion for parks; strong desire to work for the Presidio.
- Networking with routers (preferably Cisco) and firewalls is strongly desired.
- Familiarity with Federal Information Management Act (FISMA) and the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) framework.
About Presidio Trust Information Technology
Our Information Technology (IT) team has established a strong foundation of technology and operational excellence; utilizing technology efficiently, effectively and strategically to achieve the Presidio Trust's vision and meet the needs of Trust employees, partners and the people they serve. The IT organization is responsible for supporting and maintaining the necessary infrastructure to sustain the equivalent of a small city, and provides Trust-wide infrastructure services including systems and operations, networking, telecommunications, and application development and support. We strive to continually perfect our operations, streamline processes, expand access to services, and improve consistency and performance across the organization.
The Presidio Trust has identified this position as subject to a Presidio Trust Standard background investigation without a credit check, which shall consist of a review of applicable county, state and Federal criminal and civil records. An individual's granting of a background investigation and resulting report is voluntary. However, employment in this sensitive position is contingent upon the successful completion of an employment background investigation. The Presidio Trust may refuse to hire an individual, may rescind an offer of employment to an individual, or may review and terminate the employment of a current employee not successfully completing the background investigation.