The Presidio Trust is seeking a Senior Marketing Specialist to serve as a key member of our Strategy and Communications team. The Presidio is a new kind of national park. It is home to the spectacular vistas, nature and programs that visitors would expect as well as a community of residents and organizations who bring renewed vitality and purpose to this former military post. The Presidio Trust is an innovative federal agency created to save the Presidio and share it with the public. The Trust's Strategy and Communications Division supports the process for developing, monitoring, and evolving the organization's strategic vision and communicating a broad invitation for the public to discover and enjoy this unique American resource. Learn more at www.presidio.gov.
Our ideal candidate is a detail-orientated marketing communications planner with experience in creating clear processes and analytics to support cross-functional teams. You have a strong analytical background and are capable of translating marketing and visitor metrics into well-articulated insights to guide external campaign tactics.
Applications received by April 9th, 2018 will receive first consideration. We are planning to hold the first round of interviews beginning the week of April 16th, the second round of interviews beginning the week of April 23rd, the third round of interviews the week of April 30th, make a job offer in early May, and set a work start date in late May or June, 2018.
- Under the direction of the Associate Director of External Affairs, research and develop external integrated marketing communications plans to support audience development in the park and promotions of Trust business lines inclusive of goals, strategies, tactics, metrics, timelines, and budgets.
- Execute internal and external roll-out of visitor marketing and outreach campaigns, including management of executional plans and deadlines inclusive of media buys, media partners, tradeshows, events, roadshows, promotions, advertising, etc.
- Translate marketing strategies into tactical work plans to achieve specific marketing communications goals.
- Coordinate with marketing communications channel delivery leads on the development of specialized project plans and steps to execute plans, including preparing or supporting the preparation of creative briefs, estimating costs, time schedules, resource allocation, and production schedules.
- Support message development for key campaigns utilizing best practices in audience segmentation, while ensuring communications comply with brand standards and company narratives.
- Track execution and key performance indicators of marketing programs and report to channel managers.
- Oversee audience polling and research for the department managing third-party organizations.
- Define and continually improve processes for efficient and effective communications with target audiences.
- Manage sponsorship and membership policies and programs to ensure maximum value is received by the Trust.
- Develop and flawlessly execute events on behalf of the department for internal and external purposes.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, communications, public relations or related field AND at least 5 years of project/account management using integrated marketing communications practices (event planning and marketing communications agency experience preferred).
- Strong working knowledge and expertise of the marketing process, tools, and deliverables.
- Strong knowledge of the latest practices in communications, media, digital, advertising, sponsorship and integrated marketing.
- Superior, persuasive, and clear writing skills.
- Superior communications skills including message development, research, editing, presenting, and relationship management.
- Knowledge of Bay Area community, government, media and business leaders; as well as San Francisco neighborhoods and politics.
- Ability to think strategically, multi-task, attend to detail and deadlines, and work well under pressure.
- Skill and proficiency in Microsoft Office and with CRM systems;
- Passion for parks; strong desire to work for the Presidio
- Bi-lingual in Cantonese, Mandarin, or Spanish highly desirable.
About Strategy & Communications
The Strategy & Communications team attracts and welcomes visitors to the Presidio through innovative communications and marketing efforts. The team facilitates the strategic planning process, crafts the Presidio's narrative, offers an invitation to the public using many tools and channels, and solicits feedback to help the organization continuously improve its offerings. In 2015, the Presidio was recognized as a top destination by National Geographic Traveler's magazine Best of the World list.