The Presidio Trust is seeking up to three Special Events Venue Assistants to join our Hospitality Team. Boasting some of San Francisco's most historic and most stunning event spaces, the Presidio of San Francisco has been the beautiful backdrop to life's celebrations since its inception as a Spanish military installation. Now as a new kind of national park, the Presidio's event spaces, including some of San Francisco's beloved icons, are available for public rental. We're seeking Special Events Venue Assistants to represent the Presidio at these special events.
Our ideal candidates need a keen eye for detail to ensure that events are both pristine for the current guests, as well as compliant with rules, regulations, and permits to preserve the spaces for future visitors. You'll have the ingenuity to resolve issues when they unexpectedly arise during events, often after hours with limited support; you'll do so with aplomb and graciousness, ensuring that guests want to return again and again.
These are temporary positions with an intermittent work schedule without benefits. Applications received by January 15, 2019 will receive first consideration. We are planning to hold interviews January 22-23, make a job offer shortly thereafter, and set a work start date in February, 2019.
- Work closely with permit holders and client's primary contact from set up through final check out regarding event logistics, caterers, fire safety, rental equipment set-up, venue cleaning, and maintenance.
- Ensure that the venues are ready prior to the start of a permit time and are left in an orderly condition at the end of the event.
- Open and close venues, provide on-the-spot solutions for minor maintenance issues, and report feedback on event issues.
- Serve as the primary on-site contact during permitted events, ensuring a high level of customer service to create a welcoming visitor experience.
- Ensure that all rules and regulations identified in the client's Special Use Permit for each venue are followed.
- Ensure that all historic and environmental guidelines for use and occupancy are followed along with assuring sustainability.
- Work with site personnel, permit holders, and park visitors on reviewing emergency and evacuation procedures, and activating emergency/evacuation plan when necessary.
- Provide set up and break down of standard event equipment and furnishings when necessary.
- Take inventory of equipment or equipment boxes at each venue.
- Must be reliable, personable and have the ability to meet and communicate effectively with a diverse clientele.
- Strong customer service background and hospitable personality
- Ability to be flexible and adapt with changes with strong attention to detail
- Basic computer knowledge and ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, safety rules and logistical documentation
- Ability to oversee events and conduct difficult conversations with various clients and vendors
- Able to follow directions and oversee events from start to finish
- Basic familiarity with each venue and a working knowledge of-on-the spot solutions for typical maintenance issues such as burned out light bulbs, plugged toilets and spills. Ability to recognize and coordinate emergency repairs.
- Must have a current, valid California driver's license
- Work requires walking the venues, including stairs and outdoor areas, and standing in conjunction with overseeing an event venue.
- Employee is typically required to carry light to moderately heavy items and may be required to move light pieces of furniture, drive, or be a passenger in a motor vehicle.
- Comfortable business attire is required while on duty (t-shirts, jeans, and sneakers are not allowed).
- Weekend and evening work is required. Must be available to work at least 75% of the weekend and evening dates that events are scheduled, sometimes in excess of 8 hours in a day.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions often in inclement weather.
- The job requires that the employee be present at events often taking place at odd hours including early morning, late night and weekends.
- Passion for parks; strong desire to work for the Presidio.
About Presidio Trust Hospitality
The Presidio includes some of San Francisco's most iconic event spaces. The Officers' Club, one of San Francisco's first buildings, offers panoramic views across the main post lawn and San Francisco bay, a stunning ballroom, and an open air courtyard. The Log Cabin, built in 1937, sits near the Golden Gate Bridge; its warm and rustic interior is complemented by a large lawn with a panoramic view of the San Francisco skyline. Inspiration Point, an outdoor venue, hovers above the Tennessee Hollow watershed; a canopy of eucalyptus forest extends below it to the bay, where visitors can at once see the expanse of the Presidio forests, the Palace of Fine Arts, San Francisco Bay, Alcatraz, and Angel Island. Presidio Trust Events is honored to share these, and many other, sublime spaces to host special events.
Driver's License Investigation and Review
This position requires a current, valid Driver's License prior to starting work, and maintenance of a driver's license throughout occupancy of the position. You will be subject to a driver's license investigation as a New Entrant, and annual driver's license reviews thereafter. An individual's granting of an investigation and resulting reports thereafter is voluntary. However, employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a driver's license investigation. The Presidio Trust may refuse to hire an individual, may rescind an offer of employment to an individual, or may review and terminate the employment of a current employee not successfully completing the driver's license investigation.