The Presidio Trust is seeking a friendly and customer-focused Service Center Operator to join our Building Maintenance Department. The Presidio of San Francisco, the 1,491-acre former Army base at the foot of the Golden Gate Bridge, is now a new kind of national park. The park includes 477 individually significant historic buildings, about 6 million square feet of office space, and more than 180 historic objects. To date, 325 historic buildings have been fully or partially rehabilitated and are now occupied. Now, these beautiful, historic buildings are revived with new life and new uses for our public visitors, tenants, and employees. The Building Maintenance Department keeps these spaces both beautiful and functional for their modern uses.
Our Service Center Operators provide exemplary customer service and project a congenial and highly professional image of the Presidio Trust. Our ideal candidate is an active listener and partner to Presidio tenants and Trust staff, who accurately intakes and tracks requests for repairs and services, and promptly creates work orders to initiate corrective measures. In this highly visible position, you make a difference every day, building high levels of customer satisfaction through genuine rapport and going the extra mile.
This is a full-time position with a minimum salary of $19.54 per hour. Applications received by October 2nd, 2017 will receive first consideration. We are planning to hold the first round of interviews beginning the week of October 9th, make a job offer in mid to late October, and set a work start date in November.
- Greet callers and visitors professionally, consistently projecting a helpful and friendly image. Exercise courteous telephone etiquette and provide professional responses to inquiries or complaints from tenants, property management groups, and any other customers.
- Determine the nature of the issue/complaint/report by listening politely and posing relevant questions.
- Research answers to questions posed via email or voicemail messages, and respond professionally, timely, and accurately to customers.
- Facilitate inputting of accurate work orders beyond buildings, to include utility infrastructure, roads, grounds, and forestry.
- Create a work order, when appropriate, by promptly entering data into the Yardi system. Ensure accurate data entry, including summarizing the report with needed specificity using proper grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Serve as Yardi system expert. Provide Presidio Trust employees with technical support and basic training for Yardi and mobile phones.
- Check Yardi error reports on a regular basis and promptly make all necessary corrections.
- Assist tenants and internal staff with web based applications and mobile devices.
- Integrate work orders with property management and financial accounting.
- Keep work space clean and organized to ensure projection of a professional image.
- Keep immediate supervisor, managers, and employees apprised of emergency or problematic issues.
- Effectively communicate billable work orders to supervisor, trades supervisors, and property management. Communicate issues that occur with a newly implemented system and make suggestions to continue to improve the efficiencies within the work order area.
- Provide valuable, accurate input and feedback to create analysis reports for department managers and supervisors.
- Demonstrate team oriented work habits that support Yardi and change management.
- Serve as the building receptionist; greet guests, sign for packages and sort mail into departmental mailboxes. Serves as building roll call manager for building evacuations and monitor the guest log-in/out book.
- Immaculate interpersonal and organizational skills, a strong work ethic, and ability to provide exceptional customer service.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers and other Trust employees.
- Ability to multi-task, handle confidential information discreetly, and handle emergencies with tact and ease.
- Skill in written and oral communications, including reading, comprehending, and following instructions.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, sound database practices and procedures, and billing processes.
- Skill in using web based applications and mobile devices, and ability to perform data entry with minimal errors. Excellent typing, computer, spelling, grammar, and punctuation skills required.
- General knowledge of maintenance and construction terminology and duties.
- Ability to prioritize a demanding workload and meet deadlines with accuracy.
- Passion for parks; strong desire to work for the Presidio.
- Proficiency in Yardi Property Management Software and Microsoft Office, including Excel.
About the Presidio Building Maintenance Department
The Presidio is an extraordinary place to work for the thousands of employees of approximately 100 business who lease commercial space in the park. More than 3.5 million square feet of non-residential space is located throughout the park. Approximately 3,000 people reside in 2 million square feet of residential apartments, multiplexes, or single-family homes in one of the 21 distinct Presidio neighborhoods, which are located near forest groves, trails, waterfront paths, a golf course and two beaches. Two-thirds of the buildings are historic, representing a variety of architectural styles, spanning the periods of Spanish rule, the Civil War, World War I & II, through the 20th Century, to present day. The Presidio Trust Building Maintenance Department ensures that these beautiful, historic buildings are renovated and maintained for contemporary uses, while preserving their unique characteristics for our tenants, residents, employees, and visitors. The Building Maintenance Department successfully manages to accomplish these many and varied tasks utilizing green building sustainable practices while holding one of the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the industry.