The Presidio Trust is seeking a talented Senior Real Estate Analyst to join our Business Division team. The Presidio Trust, an innovative federal agency, offers the chance to create a lasting legacy in one of America’s most unique urban national park destinations – the Presidio of San Francisco. We’re public servants from many disciplines working toward our triple bottom line – welcoming all people and protecting the planet, fueled by the performance of successful park businesses that earn the money that keeps the Presidio open, beautiful, and free to everyone forever. It’s an ideal place for those driven by service, inspired by big goals, and eager to learn and grow. It’s a place to do important work, in a beautiful setting, for the benefit of all.
The Presidio Trust operates its real estate for the sole benefit of the Presidio National Park Site. 100% of the profits from our buildings and businesses are invested back in the park for public benefit and enjoyment. The Senior Real Estate Analyst will support the Business Division’s real estate efforts related to leasing, renovation, expansion or repositioning of assets and other functions by developing, identifying, and analyzing business data and processes, and makes recommendations related to business strategy and operations, to ensure the portfolio operates at peak efficiency and profitability.
With strong interpersonal and process management skills, you will exemplify a fearless "can do" spirit that brings infectious positive energy and enthusiasm to the agency's mission. You will partner with all agency departments, exploring creative ways to help steward the Presidio by balancing resources, increasing efficiencies, scheduling strategically, and believing in the magic of this very special place. Make history by applying to join our team today.
This is a full-time position with benefits and a starting pay range of $120,229 to $142,683. The starting base salary is dependent on the experience and qualifications of the candidate. Applications received by May 31, 2023 will receive first consideration.
- Provide direct support to the Division and the Asset Managers with the annual planning process by gathering, preparing, and managing Annual Operating Plans (AOP) and entering data into the Agency/FP&A’s rolling 5-Year financial model. Collaborate with 3rd party firms, and the Trust Finance Division’s FP&A Senior Financial Analyst to ensure that the portfolio operates in alignment with Agency financials and at peak efficiency and profitability.
- Lead the analysis, documentation, and coordination of business and functional requirements related to VFA Facility software (internally named PARTS) used to track the condition index score of our real estate assets, and generate reports and analytics related to asset condition used to drive decisions about asset renewals.
- Drive improved decision making and operational returns using the monthly and annual variances to budget and market benchmarks to guide divisional leadership actions.
- Collaborate with the Asset Managers to evaluate and identify repositioning and value-add opportunities, based on concise financial analysis and monitoring of market trends.
- Lead development of new Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and other financial metrics needed to identify risks and opportunities. Create and refine reporting procedures, key performance indicators (KPIs), and other information systems to track projects and enhance communications, in collaboration with Asset Managers.
- Analyze real estate market conditions using both internal and external data sources, and report important developments and key demographic and economic trends in the geographic market to Asset Managers.
- Assist the Director of Building Stewardship in budgeting and scheduling preventive and cyclic work for each portfolio, ensuring accurate cost estimates and timing of all work is incorporated into the operating and renewal budget for the respective portfolio.
- Lead analysis of certain business processes and make recommendations for improvements to increase efficiency and effectiveness. Specifically, assist with the customer service improvement to get more done with fewer work orders. Drive analysis and action plan to capture billable vs. non-billable work orders. Evaluate and document work order processes, workflows, and systems, and recommend improvements that drive efficiency, data analysis and other key divisional action plans, including key cross-functional initiatives as appropriate. Build stakeholder consensus for agreement on the solution being proposed.
- Provide overall support for the Business Division Dashboard by assisting with monthly compiling, reporting, and updating of the Monthly Business Report that help management stay on top of key performance indicators and make informed decisions.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret market comparable data and make strategic recommendations for all portfolios and operating businesses, at the direction of the Asset Managers.
- Lead and manage Request for Proposals (RFPs) for all recurring contracts, including property management, hotel management, golf management, and other key contracts related to operations of real estate and businesses, ensuring the Agency obtains the best deals and works with the most qualified partners, and the process is standardized and organized enabling faster easier comparisons.
- Solicit feedback from internal customers to continually improve the performance of the team. Drive continuous process and systems improvement across the Department, including key cross-functional initiatives as appropriate.
- Prepare and make presentations using MS PowerPoint and Visio to project stakeholders and management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Real Estate, Economics, Business Administration, or a related field.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of experience or training in real estate finance, accounting, operations, or construction planning, estimating, and scheduling.
- Education or equivalent experience in real estate-related accounting and/or financial modeling, planning & analysis.
- Understanding of financial modeling, cost analysis (cash flow and P&L impacts), and project / portfolio performance analysis (IRR, ROIC, Payback and NPV).
- A CA Driver's License.
- A Master’s Degree in Real Estate, Finance, or Business Administration is a plus, but not required.
- Real Estate understanding of lease terms (base rent, additional rent, CAM, NNN, free rent, improvement allowances, etc.), construction (capital expenditures vs. operating expenses, regional/geographical effects.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple high priority tasks.
- Ability to evaluate data and trends and make suggestions for improvement.
- Strong analytical, planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills are needed to clearly and effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to customers, supervisors, directors, and other employees.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Office (Word, Excel, Outlook). Yardi (CMMS software) experience is plus but not mandatory.
About the Presidio Trust Business Division
The Business Division's mission is to develop and manage Presidio revenue sources and use these resources to maintain this National Historic Landmark District for the delight of our visitors for generations to come. We focus on rehabilitating and leasing historic buildings in the park, bringing them back to life as homes and contemporary workspaces, while maintaining excellent relations with tenants who love being here. We're home to two award-winning historic hotels; two full-service restaurants; a catering service; and five iconic structures that are available for high-quality hospitality experiences. We're proud of our role in making the Presidio successful and sharing this beautiful place with the public.
Background & Driver’s License Investigation and Review
The Presidio Trust has identified this position as subject to an employment background investigation which shall consist of a review of applicable county, state and Federal criminal and civil records, state bankruptcy indexes, driver’s license. An individual’s granting of a background investigation and resulting report is voluntary. However, employment in this sensitive position is contingent upon the successful completion of an employment background investigation. The Presidio Trust may refuse to hire an individual, may rescind an offer of employment to an individual, or may review and terminate the employment of a current employee not successfully completing the background investigation.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
All Presidio Trust employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or obtain an approved medical or religious exemption. Employment is contingent upon submitting a COVID-19 Certification of Vaccination or qualifying for an exemption when hired.
The Presidio Trust is an equal opportunity employer, offering a competitive benefits package. To apply, download the employment application from our website at www.presidio.gov/presidio-trust/jobs and submit your application to our email address listed on our website.