The Presidio Trust is seeking a Senior Marketing Manager to join the Marketing & Communications Department to help advance the visibility and reputation of the park, and the Presidio Tunnel Tops with the public. This position will be managing the marketing campaign for the opening of the high-profile Presidio Tunnel Tops, bringing 14-acres of new national parkland to San Francisco in Fall 2021.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a pivotal member of the Presidio Trust's marketing team and ensure the success of park marketing, and the opening of the park's latest new attraction—The Presidio Tunnel Tops. As the Senior Marketing Manager, you will lead multi-organization marketing and communications professionals from the Presidio Trust, National Parks Service and Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy, as well as outside marketing and creative agencies, in delivering an omni-channel marketing strategy, plan and implementation for the opening of the Presidio Tunnel Tops in October, 2021. Through the campaign you will bring to life all the major touchpoints in order to grow brand awareness for the Presidio Tunnel Tops, acquire new audiences, and deepen the emotional connection between the visitor and the Presidio. In addition, you will manage and connect the opening campaign with our ongoing park marketing program while the incumbent is on a maternity leave. This work is integral to our mission of bringing national park experiences to urban populations at no cost to taxpayers. Term: 12 months.
This is a one-year
full-time position, eligible for medical benefits.
Applications received by January 6, 2021 will receive first consideration. First round interviews will be held January 8, and second round interviews will be held January 11. The target start date is January 25, 2021.
- Directs external omni-channel marketing strategies and leads cross-functional and multi-department teams of Trust staff, outside agency vendors, and park partners (the National Park Service and Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy) in its implementation. This includes leveraging the best practices in digital marketing, advertising and promotions, as well as earned and social media in the development, planning, and measurement of marketing plans.
- Researches and develops external marketing strategies and plans with and mobilizes both time and resources to get things done. Plans to include well-articulated audience engagement and development strategies, goals, tactics, metrics, timelines, cost and resource estimates, content calendars, creative briefs and work plans.
- Creates clear and compelling messages; directs creative teams on the development of content to engage and motivate audiences, utilizing best practices in audience segmentation, and ensuring communications comply with brand standards and narratives.
- Defines and continually improve processes for efficient and effective communications with target audiences.
- Oversees and tracks marketing budgets, as well as reporting of KPIs, efficiency of marketing programs and the return on investment.
- Translates marketing analytics into action improving campaign and marketing channel (paid, earned, shared and owned) performance.
- Publishes market research for the organization leveraging surveys, focus groups, observational data, interviews and big data.
- Demonstrates effective internal communications with superior abilities to influence upward, downward and across, presenting information at the right level for the right audience.
- Motivates team members and helps them adapt when changes arise while achieving and exceed planned outcomes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, communications, public relations or related field; MBA preferred, AND
- At least eight (8+) years of marketing/strategy experience running omni-channel, integrated marketing campaigns and leading cross-functional teams in matrixed organizations
- Self-starter with an innate sense of curiosity and eagerness to dive into and prioritize multiple projects at once and shift focus as determined by the needs of the business; works well under pressure, and understands the criticality of getting things done in spite of shifting circumstances while achieving or exceeding planned outcomes.
- Positive attitude, high energy level, and ability to thrive in a fast-pace, changeable environment and comfortable dealing in new situations and ambiguity.
- Team player with strong leadership and people skills who can foster dynamic relations; works collaboratively and drives results with cross-functional team members, including but not limited to: editorial, creative, digital marketing, social media, email marketing, public relations, visitor research, community engagement, sponsorship, and advertising, as well as with other departments.
- Strong working knowledge and expertise of the marketing process, tools, and deliverables including the latest practices in omni-channel marketing, media, digital, social media, advertising, email marketing, promotions and sponsorship.
- Clearly articulates data insights, publishes market research, and mobilizes actions as a result; reports on audience/customer attitudes and behaviors, exterior market conditions, marketing analytics and campaign KPIs.
- Effectively measures the quality and quantity of the work effort and galvanizes process improvements as a result.
- Superior communications skills including message development, writing, editing, presenting, and development of effective creative briefs; effectively communicates and provides information, up, down and across the organization.
- Demonstrated experience managing marketing, communications and advertising agencies with the ability to gain increased value and excellent services from vendors, as well as costs control and risk mitigation throughout the contract life cycle.
- Skill and proficiency in Microsoft Office; experience with email marketing, social media, digital marketing, and reporting tools.
- National advertising and/or public relations agency, with destination and/or national brand experience preferred.
- Experience leading and implementing marketing campaigns for high-profile openings and anniversaries of cultural, educational and public organizations and places
- Knowledge and passion about national parks/outdoors industry, public places, nonprofits and the Bay Area market
- Fluency in Spanish and/or Mandarin
About the Marketing Communications Team
The Marketing Communications team advances and protects the reputation of the Presidio and the Presidio Trust with the public, stakeholders, and employees in partnership with the National Park Service and Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy. Our work in growing awareness of the place and agency brands, attracting new audiences, and deepening the emotional connection between visitors, stakeholders, and employees ensures the Trust meets its mission of bringing national park experiences to urban populations at no cost to taxpayers. In 2020, USA Today named the Presidio as one of the top places to visit in San Francisco, and Forbes touted it as a neighborhood not to miss when in the city.
The Presidio Trust has identified this position as subject to a standard employment background investigation, which shall consist of a review of applicable county, state and Federal criminal and civil records. An individual's granting of a background investigation and resulting report is voluntary, however, employment is contingent upon the successful completion of the investigation. The Trust may refuse to hire an individual, rescind an offer of employment, or review and terminate the employment of a current employee who does not successfully complete a background investigation.