The Presidio Trust is seeking two Senior Accountants to join our team and help drive financial accounting quality, process efficiencies, and robust internal controls. Once an Army Base, the Presidio of San Francisco is now a new kind of national park. The 1,500 acre Presidio contains a richly layered history, and it's a natural oasis for wildlife, plants, and people. It's also home to site-based art installations, a freshwater lake, an extensive network of hiking and biking trails, carefully restored and maintained historic buildings, and San Francisco's most iconic views. In its second decade as a park, public awareness and enjoyment of this exceptional place continues to grow.
Our ideal candidate brings exceptional analytical and problem solving skills, and enjoys working in a challenging and fast-paced environment. You place great emphasis on accuracy, and are accustomed to multitasking, prioritizing, and meeting multiple tight deadlines. If you are motivated and creative, enthusiastic and unafraid to ask questions and challenge the status quo, then this job is for you!
- Under the direction of the Assistant Controller, the Senior Accountant will lead accounting activities such as Revenue Classification, Fixed Asset Capitalization, and general Accounts Payable or Accounts Receivable. Duties will also include project accounting, financial report preparation and analysis, adhoc reporting, cash management and control, investment, third party managed account evaluation, financial report analysis, subledger reconciliations, general ledger reconciliations and entries, and providing excellent customer service.
- Develop accounting documentation and guidance and provide expert professional advisory services in the areas of accounting policy and control.
- Take a lead role in the preparation of various internal reports for senior management and other governmental agencies.
- Direct the maintenance of general and subsidiary financial ledgers which are primarily accounts payable, accounts receivable, and cash; but may include various billing systems and fixed assets.
- Assist and participate in complex accounting, financial, and business process analyses within the various departments made up of real estate, hospitality, and municipal services.
- Make decisions regarding capitalization of assets and revenue classification.
- Determine and develop plans for interface automation as needed, and assist with financial system upgrades.
- Contribute with the facilitation of internal and external audits involving review of accounting and administrative controls. Develop and execute, in conjunction with the Assistant Controller, audit remediation activities and deliverable preparation.
- Establish and improve procedures inclusive of internal controls for new and existing financial systems as well as emerging, prevailing or new government required pronouncements.
- Recommend improvements that emphasize efficiency of operations and quality of outputs.
- Respond to management requests for information and clearly communicates findings orally and in writing.
- Provide clear and concise briefings on financial matters to Trust Senior management (i.e. Chief Financial Officer), Directors, and other staff as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in business or accounting AND a minimum of five years of related experience.
- Excellent written, analytical, and oral communication skills.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Extensive experience with the Oracle e-Business suite of financial modules.
- In-depth knowledge of financial processes, procedures, and requirements.
- Skill in using accounting and financial records and identifying errors, as well as correction procedures.
- Skill in analyzing, interpreting, and applying complex policy and other decisions or directives.
- Passion for parks; strong desire to work for the Presidio.
- Knowledge of federal budgetary accounting is highly desirable.
About the Presidio Trust Finance and Business Management Team
Our Finance and Business Management Team is a diverse group of professionals. As part of a one-of-a-kind organization, the team brings together innovative private sector strategies while following federal policies and guidelines to develop and maintain the Presidio Trust's budget, support all accounting and reporting activities, and ensure the park is self-sufficient and continues to be available for all visitors.
The Presidio Trust has identified this position as subject to an employment background investigation which shall consist of a review of applicable county, state and Federal criminal and civil records, state bankruptcy indexes and a credit report. An individual's granting of an investigation and resulting report is voluntary. However, employment in this sensitive position is contingent upon the successful completion of an investigation. The Presidio Trust may refuse to hire an individual, may rescind an offer of employment to an individual, or may review and terminate the employment of a current employee not successfully completing the investigation.