The Presidio Trust is seeking a Receptionist to join the Finance and Business Management team at the Presidio of San Francisco – a 1,500 acre national park with a richly layered history; landscapes that includes wildlife, native plants, historic military buildings animated by more than 3,000 residents and 200 companies; and offers visitors some of the most iconic views of the San Francisco Bay. As part of the Presidio Trust, an innovative federal agency created to save the Presidio of San Francisco as a park and share this space with the public, the Finance and Business Management team manages contracting, accounting, and supports the Trust's goals of maintaining a national park that's financially self-sufficient, exemplifies operational excellence in public service, and is visited and loved by all. Learn more at www.presidio.gov.
Our ideal candidate has excellent customer service skills. You're flexible, organized, and accustomed to multi-tasking and prioritizing. You enjoy talking to people and you project a friendly, highly professional image.
This is a full-time position with benefits and a minimum salary of $20.32 per hour. Applications received by June 11, 2018 will receive first consideration. We are planning to hold interviews June 13-15, make a job offer the week of June 18, and set a work start date shortly thereafter.
- Serve as the face of the Presidio Trust to visitors and telephone callers, and create a positive and professional impression on those who enter the reception area or call the reception telephone. Welcome on-site visitors, determine nature of business and announce visitors to appropriate personnel. Keep work space clean and organized to ensure projection of a professional image.
- Answer questions about the organization and provide callers with addresses, directions and other information, including informational materials about real estate leasing and employment.
- Monitor visitor access and issue passes, ensuring that visitors sign the visitor log.
- Operate a multi-line telephone system to answer incoming calls, direct callers by determining purpose of the call and then forwarding the call to the appropriate personnel or division. Receive and deliver messages or transfer call to voicemail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
- Coordinate mail delivery and pick-up throughout the Presidio Trust. Receive incoming bids for Procurement, carefully dating and time-stamping to ensure accurate receipt documentation.
- Organize, maintain, order, and receive centralized office supplies for the Presidio Trust. Maintain fax machines, assist users, send outgoing faxes, and retrieve and route incoming faxes.
- Administer Trust vehicle check out/in for vehicles assigned to Building 103. Compile Building 103 fleet mileage reports. Maintain vehicles assigned to Building 103 assuring they are clean and have gas.
- Maintain Office Services web page. Maintain various Presidio Trust address listings. Coordinate the production of business cards for Presidio Trust employees. Create and print fax cover sheets, memos, correspondence, reports and other documents. Perform other clerical duties as needed, such as filing, photocopying and collating.
- Assist others who are assigned to help in the Building 103 reception area. Provide occasional administrative support to other Trust divisions when it does not interfere with primary responsibilities at the reception desk.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) AND one year of related experience or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Exceptional friendliness, approachability, professionalism, and customer service propensity
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow verbal and written instructions, and write correspondence
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers to two decimal points
- Passion for parks; strong desire to work for the Presidio
About the Presidio Trust Finance and Business Management Team
Our Finance and Business Management Team is a group of diverse professionals working to support our goals of creating a national park that exemplifies operational excellence in public service. As part of a one-of-a-kind organization, this team brings together innovative private sector strategies while following federal policies and guidelines to develop and maintain the Presidio Trust's budget. They support all accounting and reporting activities, and ensure the park is self-sufficient so it can be shared with and visited by all.