The Presidio Trust is seeking a Plumber Worker. The Presidio of San Francisco, the 1,491-acre former Army base at the foot of the Golden Gate Bridge, is now a new kind of national park. The park includes 477 individually significant historic buildings, about 6 million square feet of office space, and more than 180 historic objects. To date, 325 historic buildings have been fully or partially rehabilitated and are now occupied. Now, these beautiful, historic buildings are revived with new life and new uses for our public visitors, tenants, and employees.
The Plumber Worker makes repairs that can be accomplished by removing, cleaning, replacing, packing, and sealing defective parts of utility, supply, and/or disposal systems in and around the Presidio Trust helping to maintain the Trust in a safe, environmentally conscientious manner.
Our ideal candidate is a team player with a strong work ethic and the skills and passion to help us maintain and care for the Presidio. You are conscientious and flexible and have good writing skills and arithmetic and mathematical reasoning.
This is a full-time position with benefits and a minimum salary of $26.98 per hour. Applications received by November 18, 2019 will receive first consideration.
- Measure, cut, bend and thread pipe. Caulk and seal such things as, elbows, union joints, tile pipe, faucets, and shower drains.
- Remove, clean, install, or replace joints and fixtures such as traps, faucets and unions; replaces malfunctioning toilet parts and toilets.
- Hook up equipment such as, water heaters and disposal units to already installed systems, replace sections of pipe and tile by following previously-used routes, hangers and levels.
- Select tools, decide on methods and techniques to use.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Valid Driver's License
- At least (1) one year of plumbing training OR
- Experience in the plumbing field at the helper level
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and work with simple fractions.
- Skill in the use of tools and equipment such as tapes, rules, hacksaws, hand and power pipe threaders and cutters, packing, caulking irons and pipe wrenches.
About the Presidio Trust Plumbing Crew
Plumbers at the Presidio are responsible for over 225 turn units, 25 capital projects and multiple corrective calls on a yearly basis. For the last 20 years, our Plumbing Crew has been replacing all of the drain and supply lines and installing new fixtures as kitchens and bathrooms are renovated. The Crew is also responsible for keeping all drain lines inside the residential and commercial properties free of debris and working properly, as well as installing and maintaining all the hydronic radiators and furnaces that serve our residential and commercial portfolio. Presidio residents enjoy our 24 hours a day 7 days a week service from our corrective crew plumbers who spend the day and night unclogging drains, repairing fixtures and making sure everything is working well for our tenants.
Driver's License Investigation & Review
This position requires a current, valid Driver's License prior to starting work, and maintenance of a driver's license throughout occupancy of the position. You will be subject to a driver's license investigation as a New Entrant, and annual driver's license reviews thereafter. An individual's granting of an investigation and resulting reports thereafter is voluntary, however, employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a driver's license investigation. The Trust may refuse to hire an individual, rescind an offer of employment, or review and terminate the employment of a current employee who does not successfully complete the driver's license investigation.