The Presidio Trust is seeking a Physical Security Specialist. The Presidio of San Francisco, the 1,491-acre former Army base at the foot of the Golden Gate Bridge, is now a new kind of national park. The park includes 477 individually significant historic buildings, about 6 million square feet of office space, and more than 180 historic objects. To date, 325 historic buildings have been fully or partially rehabilitated and are now occupied. Now, these beautiful, historic buildings are revived with new life and new uses for our public visitors, tenants, and employees..
The Physical Security Specialist performs a variety of electronic, mechanical and electromechanical testing and repairs on electronic systems including the installation, oversight, and repairs to fire/life safety alarms and systems, physical security control systems and alarms, closed-circuit television systems used on the Presidio to ensure the safe practices and monitoring of the Trust's properties, employees, tenants and visitors.
This is a full-time role with benefits. Applications received by April 26, 2022, will receive first consideration.
- Design new systems. Create plans for installation, request quotes, and create purchase requests. Contract, schedule and supervise install, or perform install. Program and test after installation. Train users as required.
- Conduct physical security assessments using national standards to support the safe and secure operation of the Park.
- Manage access system: administer photo ID Access Cards, document card requests and cards issued, perform system server troubleshooting, maintenance and upgrades.
- Monitor system health, perform hardware troubleshooting, maintenance and upgrades and provide system reports. Schedule and oversee contracted work.
- Consult and decide on system policies, procedures and protocols. Manage and schedule building access, through lock schedules or user access levels.
- Set up and program new Key Dispensing units, program units, manage users in server and oversee access to server.
- Troubleshoot and maintain existing systems. Schedule and oversee contract work. Manage inventory ordering and stock.
- Conduct security investigations and inspections; complete interview and craft report of findings, when required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in electronics, administration of justice, homeland security, fire sciences, or similar degree, and;
- Five (5) year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level that demonstrates electronics, telecommunications, and/or security and fire life safety systems installation, knowledge, and skills to perform the duties.
- Seven (7) years of progressive experience in related fields can be substituted for the education requirement.
- Experience installing, managing, and developing projects that include security and fire/life safety systems, access control, CCTV, alarm systems.
- Experience may be gained in Federal, other public, or private sector work that includes any combination of designing, installing, testing, or monitoring of electronic systems such as fire alarms, access control systems, and CCTV systems.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Clear background investigation.
- Certification from Internationally recognized security associations to include ASIS Certified Protection Professional (CPP), ASIS Associate Protection Professional (APP), ASIS Physical Security Professional (PSP), or SIA Certified Security Project Manager.
- Experience installing and managing AXIS camera systems.
- Experience with management of an enterprise video management software.
- Experience conducting physical security assessments and developing projects to implement recommendations.
- Familiarity managing a Lenel access control program including designing systems, developing contracting scopes, and coordinate with enterprise IT systems.
- Experience with Bosch fire panels.
- Ability to certify as a Part 107 drone pilot.
About the Presidio Trust
The Presidio is an extraordinary place to work for the thousands of employees of approximately 100 business who lease commercial space in the park. More than 3.5 million square feet of non- residential space is located throughout the park. Approximately 3,000 people reside in 2 million square feet of residential apartments, multiplexes, or single-family homes in one of the 21 distinct Presidio neighborhoods, which are located near forest groves, trails, waterfront paths, a golf course and two beaches. Two-thirds of the buildings are historic, representing a variety of architectural styles, spanning the periods of Spanish rule, the Civil War, World War I & II, through the 20th Century, to present day. Our mission is to make the Presidio thrive by keeping the land, buildings and infrastructure of this beautiful park in excellent shape and by providing outstanding customer service to everyone we meet.
The Presidio Trust has identified this position as subject to a standard employment background investigation which shall consist of a review of applicable county, state and Federal criminal and civil records, state bankruptcy indexes, driver's license, and a credit report. An individual's granting of a background investigation and resulting report is voluntary, however, employment is contingent upon the successful completion of the investigation. The Trust may refuse to hire an individual, rescind an offer of employment, or review and terminate the employment of a current employee who does not successfully complete a background investigation.
This position requires the completion of the U.S. Office of Government Ethics (OGE) Form 450, Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, both as a New Entrant into the position and annually thereafter. The purpose of the financial disclosure system is to assist employees and their agencies in avoiding conflicts between official duties and private financial interests or affiliations.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
All Presidio Trust employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or obtain an approved medical or religious exemption. Employment is contingent upon submitting a COVID-19 Certification of Vaccination or qualifying for an exemption when hired.