The Presidio Trust is seeking an experienced Pest Control Technician. The Presidio of San Francisco, the 1,491-acre former Army base at the foot of the Golden Gate Bridge, is now a new kind of national park. The park includes 477 individually significant historic buildings, about 6 million square feet of office space, and more than 180 historic objects. To date, 325 historic buildings have been fully or partially rehabilitated and are now occupied. Now, these beautiful, historic buildings are revived with new life and new uses for our public visitors, tenants, and employees. The Building Stewardship Department keeps these spaces both beautiful and functional for their modern uses.
Our Pest Control Technician keeps our historic and non-historic buildings pest free with a very limited use of harmful substances, ensuring that the environment and wildlife are not compromised. Our ideal candidate must be able to apply the Presidio Trust Integrated Pest Management (IPM) procedures, laws and regulations governing pest control operations while keeping the sensitive nature of the Presidio in mind. You will deal directly with tenants and so must have impeccable customer service skills.
This is a full-time position with benefits and a minimum salary of $26.70 per hour. Applications received by February 5th, 2019 will receive first consideration. We are planning to hold interviews beginning the week of February 18th, make a job offer by the end of February, and set a work start date in March 2019.
- Utilize principals of the Presidio Trust Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Program to identify and control unwanted landscape and structural pests, including weeds and vermin.
- Inspect and monitor buildings and landscape areas for identification of infestation and source, as well as extent of damage and access for control of problem pest.
- Calibrate and maintain spray equipment; mix, load, and apply pesticides consistent will applicable procedures, laws and regulations.
- Set bait and traps, install rodent proofing to buildings and structures, and remove or make recommendation for the removal of source of pest problems.
- Maintain daily work reports and work order time and materials.
- Communicate with other staff, tenants, the work order desk, and directly with customers to understand and fulfill assignments.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and three (3) years' experience in the field of commercial and residential pest control.
- Must currently possess a valid California Structural Pest Control Board Structural Pest Control Applicator License (Branch 2) or equivalent.
- Must obtain California Department of Pesticide Regulation Pest Control Applicators Certificate (Category B) and/or complete "Laws and Regulations" exam within one (1) year of hire.
- Must possess and maintain a valid, current California driver's license.
- Ability to read and comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and represent the Trust to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume; apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Reasoning ability to carry out instructions.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Passion for parks; strong desire to work for the Presidio.
- An organized, self-confident team player.
- Ability to understand and meet the expectations of tenants and clients.
About the Presidio Building Stewardship Department
The Presidio is an extraordinary place to work for the thousands of employees of approximately 100 business who lease commercial space in the park. More than 3.5 million square feet of non-residential space is located throughout the park. Approximately 3,000 people reside in 2 million square feet of residential apartments, multiplexes, or single-family homes in one of the 21 distinct Presidio neighborhoods, which are located near forest groves, trails, waterfront paths, a golf course and two beaches. Two-thirds of the buildings are historic, representing a variety of architectural styles, spanning the periods of Spanish rule, the Civil War, World War I & II, through the 20th Century, to present day. The Presidio Trust Building Stewardship Department ensures that these beautiful, historic buildings are renovated and maintained for contemporary uses, while preserving their unique characteristics for our tenants, residents, employees, and visitors. The Building Stewardship Department successfully manages to accomplish these many and varied tasks utilizing green building sustainable practices while holding one of the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the industry.
The Presidio Trust has identified this position as subject to an employment background investigation which shall consist of a review of applicable county, state and Federal criminal and civil records, state bankruptcy indexes, driver's license, and a credit report. An individual's granting of a background investigation and resulting report is voluntary. However, employment in this sensitive position is contingent upon the successful completion of an employment background investigation. The Presidio Trust may refuse to hire an individual, may rescind an offer of employment to an individual, or may review and terminate the employment of a current employee not successfully completing the background investigation.
The Presidio Trust is an equal opportunity employer, offering a competitive benefits package. To apply call (415) 561-5300 (Monday-Friday, 8 am – 5 pm) to request an application package, OR download the application from our website, www.presidio.gov, and mail the application to Employee Support Services, Presidio Trust, P.O. Box 29052, San Francisco, CA 94129-0052.