The Presidio Trust is seeking a Permitting Administrator to join the newly formed Planning and Compliance Department at the Presidio of San Francisco. The Presidio is a 1,500 acre national park with a richly layered history; landscapes that include wildlife, native plants, historic military buildings animated by more than 3,000 residents and 200 companies; and offering visitors some of the most iconic views of the San Francisco Bay. As part of the Presidio Trust, an innovative federal agency created to save the Presidio of San Francisco as a park and share this space with the public, the Permitting Team manages permitted programs including digging, construction, building, food facilities, encroachment, and a variety of other special and unique permitted projects.
Our ideal candidate has excellent customer service skills. You're flexible, organized, and accustomed to multi-tasking and prioritizing. You enjoy talking to people and you project a friendly, highly professional image.
This is a full-time position with health, retirement, and a variety of other generous benefits. Salary is negotiable, and the minimum is $25.13 per hour. Applications received by February 24, 2019 will receive first consideration. We are planning to hold the first round of interviews the week of March 3rd, the second round of interviews the week of March 17th, make a job offer in March, and set a work start date in April 2019.
- Independently oversee and coordinate the operation of the Trust's Building and various other Permit processes to ensure that permits are complete, consistent with Trust policies and procedures, and issued within the prescribed time frames.
- Receive, review and process Building and other Permit applications in paper and digital format including distributing permit packages to the appropriate internal and external reviewers.
- Track the status and schedule of permits through the permit process including application, review, issuance and closeout. Use digital platform for daily processing.
- Coordinate and schedule inspections for building permits, and provide forms and updated information to applicants.
- Coordinate and schedule location of Trust owned utility for excavation clearances (utility locating performed by others). Monitor USA activity in the Presidio.
- Calculate, bill, and receive payments for permit fees, and issue receipts for various permit payments. Process and deliver payments to Trust accounting.
- Review contractor license and insurance documentation for conformance with Trust requirements. Make proper notification for correction of incorrect information.
- Approve and issue excavation permits once the application has been reviewed and cleared.
- Prepare and present status reports on permit activity. Issue Temporary Certificate of Occupancy (TCO) and Construction Documents (CD) upon satisfactory completion of construction.
- Maintain and manage permit files, permit submittals, and final permit documents. Archive, prepare for archiving, and file in accordance with federal requirements.
- Perform general administrative functions and time keeping. Participate in permit process reviews and implement identified changes. Label and update plans to maintain.
- Attend and participate in meetings and various educational forums to stay current with industry evolution.
- Provide general support for the Permitting Office of the Planning and Compliance Department.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) AND two years of related experience working in an administrative or project support capacity for an architectural, engineering or construction enterprise or a municipal permitting office.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret basic information from construction plans and specifications, insurance documents, and construction schedules.
- Proficiency with general business software including Excel, Word, and various applications.
- Ability to work independently without day to day supervision to complete assigned tasks.
- Knowledge of basic building codes and associated Trust adopted regulations.
- Passion for parks; strong desire to work for the Presidio
- Familiarity with Oracle financial software is highly desirable.
- ICC certification as a permit administrator, inspector, or plan reviewer is desired.
About the Presidio Trust Park Development and Visitor Engagement Division
The Park Development and Visitor Engagement Division is dedicated to welcoming and sharing the Presidio experience with people of all ages and backgrounds through planning, philanthropic, and public programs in fulfillment of the Presidio Trust mission. This multi-talented division develops and directs historic planning and design efforts for leasing and redevelopment of Presidio residential, non-residential, and natural/open space areas; and manages the Trust philanthropy program, designing strategies for park projects funded by the philanthropic sector. This team designs and implements public participation strategies within the context of a National Historic Landmark District, and provides both free public programming and revenue generating activities, bringing outdoor programs and signature events to the park. Lastly, this team supports community outreach and engagement, providing opportunities to build meaningful connections to place through site-based art exhibitions, recreation and wellness activities, and self-guided adventures.