The Presidio Trust is seeking a Programs and Events Operations Assistant (Seasonal) to join our Visitor Engagement Team at the Presidio of San Francisco – a 1,500 acre national park with a richly layered history and landscapes that includes wildlife, native plants, archaeological sites, the only campground in the City of San Francisco, and historic military buildings animated by more than 3,000 residents and 200 companies.
Our ideal candidate is an outgoing and approachable ambassador, committed to delivering extraordinary visitor experiences in the Presidio. You have a can-do attitude, and you foster and maintain positive and collaborative working relationships with fellow Trust colleagues, production crews, vendors, program partners, tenants, and safety personnel as you set up and break down events, monitor the safety and flow of events, and ensure that park rules and safety procedures are followed. If you are a skilled troubleshooter and tireless team player, we want your application!
This is a temporary, part-time position lasting up to one year, working generally 16 hours a week without benefits. Applications received by March 19, 2019 will receive first consideration. We are planning to hold the first round of interviews beginning the week of March 25, the second round of interviews the week of April 1, make a job offer in early April, and set a work start date in April 2019.
- Serve as the on-the-ground support for public programs and events in the Trust's open spaces, in addition to support for other Trust activities as needed.
- Interact with support staff from multiple jurisdictions (Golden Gate Bridge District, U.S. Park Police, National Park Service, San Francisco Department of Parking and Traffic).
- Provide additional support for events taking place at ball fields, campground, and other permitted facilities.
- Support inventory management including equipment repair, cleaning, and deployment.
- Provide an exceptional customer service-oriented approach when interacting with the public that is consistent, professional, friendly, and informative.
- High School diploma, or equivalent, and at least one year of program and events operations experience.
- Reliable, personable, and able to meet and communicate effectively with a diverse clientele.
- Competent in MS Office programs.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to work independently with excellent follow through.
- Able to represent the Trust in a positive and professional manner when interacting with the public and various other audiences.
- Able to drive 1½ ton 4x4 truck, cargo vans and passenger vehicles.
- Must possess and maintain a valid, current CA Driver's License
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and repeatedly lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors, sometimes during inclement weather, often during early mornings, nights and weekends, and frequently in excess of 8 hours per day. Regular work may include weekends, early mornings, late evenings, and may adjust based on programs and events.
- Passion for parks; strong desire to work for the Presidio Trust
- Punctual, reliable, flexible and hard-working
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team while following through on work directions
About the Visitor Engagement Team
The Visitor Engagement Team is dedicated to welcoming and sharing the Presidio experience with people of all ages and backgrounds. They develop and manage both free public programming and revenue generating activities, bringing outdoor programs and signature events to the park. The team supports community outreach and engagement, provides opportunities to build meaningful connections to place through site-based art exhibitions, recreation and wellness activities, and develops self-guided adventures for guests through our trails, camping, and organized sports. The team also manages special park uses/permitting. In partnership with the National Park Service and Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy, the department supports ongoing staffing of the Presidio Visitor Center and Welcome Desk at the Officers' Club.
Driver's License Investigation and Review
This position requires a current, valid Driver's License prior to starting work, and maintenance of a driver's license throughout occupancy of the position. You will be subject to a driver's license investigation as a New Entrant, and annual driver's license reviews thereafter. An individual's granting of an investigation and resulting reports thereafter is voluntary. However, employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a driver's license investigation. The Presidio Trust may refuse to hire an individual, may rescind an offer of employment to an individual, or may review and terminate the employment of a current employee not successfully completing the driver's license investigation.