The Presidio Trust is seeking a Painter. The Presidio of San Francisco, the 1,491- acre former Army base at the foot of the Golden Gate Bridge, is now a new kind of national park. The park includes 477 individually significant historic buildings, about 6 million square feet of office space, and more than 180 historic objects. To date, 325 historic buildings have been fully or partially rehabilitated and are now occupied. Now, these beautiful, historic buildings are revived with new life and new uses for our public visitors, tenants, and employees.
The Painter works under general supervision as a member of a crew and performs a wide range of duties including but not limited to applying coats of paint, varnish, stain, enamel, or lacquer to decorate and protect interior or exterior surfaces, trimmings, and fixtures of Presidio Trust buildings and other structures. Preserves historical significance and maintains Trust properties in a clean, safe, and environmentally conscientious manner.
This is a full-time position with benefits and a minimum salary of $33.93 per hour. This position is included in a bargaining unit, specifically The Laborer's International Union of North America, Local 792, United Public Employees of California. Applications received by December 29, 2022, will receive first consideration.
- Read work orders and/or receive instructions from supervisor or homeowner regarding painting services.
- Smooth surfaces and remove old paint from surfaces to prepare surfaces for painting.
- Select premixed paints, or mix required portions of pigment, oil, thinning and drying substances to prepare paint that matches specified colors.
- Erect scaffolding or set up ladders to perform tasks above ground level.
- Simulate wood grain, marble, brick, or tile effects. Apply paint with cloth, brush, sponge, or fingers to create special effects.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate degree (A. A.); or Equivalent from two (2) year college or technical school; or One (1) year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Must be able to carry and handle materials and equipment that weigh 40 pounds
- Ability to prepare and coat surfaces from ladders, scaffolds, and platforms, and where the surfaces to be coated are in cramped and hard-to-reach places.
About the Presidio Trust Building Stewardship Department
The Department's mission is to make the Presidio thrive by keeping the buildings and infrastructure of this beautiful park in excellent shape and by providing outstanding customer service to everyone we meet. We are proud of our role in making the Presidio successful and look forward to welcoming you to help us continue to excel.
Driver's License Investigation & Review
This position requires a current, valid Driver's License prior to starting work, and maintenance of a driver's license throughout occupancy of the position. You will be subject to a driver's license investigation as a New Entrant, and annual driver's license reviews thereafter. An individual's granting of an investigation and resulting reports thereafter is voluntary, however, employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a driver's license investigation. The Trust may refuse to hire an individual, rescind an offer of employment, or review and terminate the employment of a current employee who does not successfully complete the driver's license investigation.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
All Presidio Trust employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or obtain an approved medical or religious exemption. Employment is contingent upon submitting a COVID-19 Certification of Vaccination or qualifying for an exemption when hired.