The Presidio Trust is seeking an Operational Excellence Project Manager to establish and lead a Project Management Office. The Presidio Trust is an unusual federal agency. In our founding bipartisan legislation, the Trust was charged with operating the park without taxpayer support. Funds earned through leasing homes and workspaces and operating hotels, a golf course, and venues are used for park management and upkeep. Over the past two decades, the Trust and our partners have converted this former military post into a welcoming national park in an urban area. The Presidio is home to a large community of residents and tenants, and offers unique recreation, hospitality, and educational opportunities to people throughout the San Francisco Bay Area and the world.
Our ideal candidate is comfortable working within all levels of an organization to bring about more efficient and effective decision-making, particularly for IT-related business activities. You enjoy working closely with process owners, stakeholders and users to define problems and causes, and to develop integrated business process improvements and solutions.
Applications received by March 19th, 2018 will receive first consideration. We are planning to hold the first round of interviews beginning the week of March 26th, the second round of interviews beginning the week of April 2nd, make a job offer shortly thereafter, and set a work start date in late April, 2018.
- Establish and lead the Project Management Office (PMO) for the Trust.
- Lead cross-functional project teams using both continuous improvement tools and methods and proven project management expertise to deliver improvements that simplify, standardize and stabilize business processes within the Trust.
- Train and mentor project sponsors, process owners and project teams in the concepts of project management while developing staff competency in support of the Trust's drive for excellence.
- Monitor, track, update, and measure the productivity and performance of projects, the PMO, and interrelated work streams.
- Lead business process improvements and IT systems improvements throughout the Trust.
- Act as an unwavering advocate of Operational Excellence, Continuous Improvement tools and methodologies (Lean and Six Sigma), and the importance of rigorous project management.
- Provide mentorship and support to all employees aimed at bringing about the necessary culture changes.
- Assist in leading the organization, through cultural change, to embrace an environment of continuous improvement and deep employee engagement.
- Train and coach the staff on the use of Project Management tools and methodologies, and support the OE team in building training materials.
- Advise managers, directors, and executives on gaps and opportunities for systems improvements across multiple divisions and between work groups.
- Develop and implement processes to close performance gaps and implement best practices.
- Identify and facilitate process improvement projects, training, and workshops that drive cultural change.
- Carry out advanced data collection and analysis for process mapping, and develop budgets and cost analysis to determine project feasibility.
- Drive value stream mapping to define and capture "As-Is" state, and lead the development of the future state and proposed solutions to bridge the gap.
- Develop and facilitate full project documentation to meet goals and objectives of each identified project.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of five (5) years of relevant project management experience, including at least three (3) years of Project Management Office (PMO) leadership experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Experience developing processes, writing procedures, process mapping, and training project teams and staff
- Capacity to work on multiple projects concurrently to meet and exceed project needs
- Strong applied analytical, problem solving and project management skills
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, conflict resolution, negotiation, and time management skills
- Experience motivating, influencing, and driving cultural change (Change Agent) with ability to think strategically and challenge current operational thinking to achieve project success
- Strong leadership, team building and motivational skills within the project management arena
- Experience in successfully managing a broad portfolio of responsibilities for multiple diverse divisions within an organization
- Experience with project management tools such as MS Project
- Excellent customer relationship management skills (from staff level to C Suite)
- Passion for parks; strong desire to work for the Presidio
- Lean Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Certification is a plus (LEAN or DMAIC)
About the Presidio Trust Operational Excellence Team
Our Operational Excellence team is new, small, and growing. Our mission is to bring Continuous Improvement tools, methods, training and coaching to the entire Trust organization to support our drive towards operational excellence. We primarily focus on improving our internal operations so we can deliver excellent experiences to all park visitors, tenants, partners, and our amazing Trust staff. Our Operational Excellence department enables and supports all Trust staff in unleashing their talents to not only improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our work, but also to make the Presidio Trust an even better place to work.
The Presidio Trust has identified this position as subject to an employment background investigation which shall consist of a review of applicable county, state and Federal criminal and civil records, and state bankruptcy indexes. An individual's granting of a background investigation and resulting report is voluntary. However, employment in this sensitive position is contingent upon the successful completion of an employment background investigation. The Presidio Trust may refuse to hire an individual, may rescind an offer of employment to an individual, or may review and terminate the employment of a current employee not successfully completing the background investigation.