The Presidio Trust is seeking an experienced Business Project Manager. The Presidio Trust is an unusual federal agency. In our founding bipartisan legislation, the Trust was charged with operating the park without taxpayer support. Funds earned through leasing homes and workspaces and operating hotels, a golf course, and venues are used for park management and upkeep. Over the past two decades, the Trust and our partners have converted this former military post into a welcoming national park in an urban area. The Presidio is home to a large community of residents and tenants, and offers unique recreation, hospitality, and educational opportunities to people throughout the San Francisco Bay Area and the world.
Our ideal candidate is comfortable working within all levels of an organization to bring about more efficient and effective decision-making. You enjoy working closely with process owners, stakeholders and users to define problems and causes, and to develop and manage integrated business projects, process improvements, and solutions.
Applications received by October 8th, 2018 will receive first consideration. We are planning to hold the first round of interviews the week of October 15th, the second round of interviews the week of October 22nd, the third round of interviews the week of October 29th, make a job offer no later than mid-November, and set a work start date in November or December 2018.
- Provide project management leadership for key initiatives, programs, projects, and efforts in the Trust.
- Support the establishment of, and participate in the Project Management Office (PMO) for the Trust.
- Lead cross-functional project teams using both project management and continuous improvement methodologies, tools, and best practices to drive results towards the goals.
- Train and mentor project sponsors, process owners and project teams in the concepts of project management while developing staff competency in support of the Trust's drive for excellence.
- Train and coach the staff on the use of Project Management tools and methodologies, and support the Trust in building training materials.
- Monitor, track, update, and measure the productivity and performance of projects, the PMO, and interrelated work streams.
- Participate in activities that drive standardization of Project Management Life Cycle and industry best practices.
- Create and manage project documents including project charter, project plan, schedule, risk / issue / decision logs, business requirement document, action items, etc.
- Schedule, manage, and facilitate project team meetings and provide ongoing project communications to stakeholders.
- Act as an unwavering advocate of Operational Excellence, Continuous Improvement tools and methodologies (Lean and Six Sigma), and the importance of rigorous project management.
- Assist in leading the organization, through cultural change, to embrace an environment of continuous improvement and deep employee engagement.
- Advise managers, directors, and executives on gaps and opportunities for systems improvements across multiple divisions and between work groups.
- Carry out advanced data collection and analysis for process mapping, and develop budgets and cost analysis to determine project feasibility.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of five (5) years of relevant project management experience, including at least three (3) years of Project Management Office (PMO) leadership experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Experience developing processes, writing procedures, process mapping, and training project teams and staff
- Capacity to work on multiple projects concurrently to meet and exceed project needs
- Strong applied analytical, problem solving and project management skills
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, conflict resolution, negotiation, and time management skills
- Experience motivating, influencing, and driving cultural change (Change Agent) with ability to think strategically and challenge current operational thinking to achieve project success
- Strong leadership, team building and motivational skills within the project management arena
- Experience in successfully managing a broad portfolio of responsibilities for multiple diverse divisions within an organization
- Experience with project management tools such as MS Project
- Excellent customer relationship management skills (from staff level to C Suite)
- Passion for parks; strong desire to work for the Presidio
- Lean Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Certification is a plus (LEAN or DMAIC)
About the Presidio Trust Operational Excellence Team
Our Operational Excellence team is new, small, and growing. Our mission is to bring Continuous Improvement tools, methods, training and coaching to the entire Trust organization to support our drive towards operational excellence. We primarily focus on improving our internal operations so we can deliver excellent experiences to all park visitors, tenants, partners, and our amazing Trust staff. Our Operational Excellence department enables and supports all Trust staff in unleashing their talents to not only improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our work, but also to make the Presidio Trust an even better place to work.
The Presidio Trust has identified this position as subject to an employment background investigation which shall consist of a review of applicable county, state and Federal criminal and civil records, and state bankruptcy indexes. An individual's granting of a background investigation and resulting report is voluntary. However, employment in this sensitive position is contingent upon the successful completion of an employment background investigation. The Presidio Trust may refuse to hire an individual, may rescind an offer of employment to an individual, or may review and terminate the employment of a current employee not successfully completing the background investigation.