The Presidio Trust is seeking an experienced Manager of Operational Excellence to manage a small team of improvement professionals to plan, manage, and execute a variety of improvement activities across the organization. Once an Army base, the Presidio is a unique national park located in San Francisco at the edge of the Golden Gate. With 1500 acres rich with history, nature, and open space, the Presidio contains hundreds of restored former military buildings animated by more than 3,000 residents and 200 companies, including high tech start-ups, innovative non-profits, and other organizations that offer a welcoming mix of visitor experiences. On any given day at the Presidio, you'll find organizations pursuing new ideas, scientists conducting research, and people of all ages volunteering, learning, playing, and exploring.
Our ideal candidate is a people-centric and result-oriented leader with a strong background in continuous improvement, change management, and servant leadership. You are passionate in developing skills in others and are inspired to engage others to create a culture of improvement. You're a well-rounded, hands-on leader with a focus on detail and are able to turn ideas into actions.
If you have these qualities and are excited to lead a mission-driven organization through a transformation journey, we want to hear from you.
Applications received by June 12th, 2019 will receive first consideration. We are planning to hold the first round of interviews beginning the week of June 24th, 2019, the second round of interviews beginning the week of July 1st, 2019, make a job offer shortly thereafter, and set a work start date in July/August 2019.
- Lead and manage a small team of improvement staff to deliver expected project results and meet objectives using various continuous improvement methodologies, tools, and best practices
- Oversee, facilitate, and lead cross-functional improvement programs, projects, and initiatives in support of the agency's mission and goals
- Serve as a key player in developing, executing, and improving the operational excellence roadmap and implementation strategy
- Advise staff, managers, directors, and executives on gaps and opportunities for improvement across multiple divisions and between work groups
- Develop problem solving skills within the organization through coaching, mentoring, and training to executives, managers, and staff
- Influence the necessary cultural changes to create a work environment where continuous improvement is embraced
- Support and develop regular delivery of communications to multiple levels of the Trust on key results, progress, and barriers
- Guide the Operational Excellence team on developing internal processes, with the Voice of Customers in mind, to streamline our internal operations in meeting customers' needs
- Coach the team on carrying out advanced data collection and analysis for process mapping, and developing budgets and cost analysis to determine project feasibility
- Evaluate organizational or departmental metrics to ensure they promote the appropriate behaviors and success
- Develop and facilitate full project documentation, storyboards, and presentations to share successes and learning
- Contribute to the development and implementation of best practices in change management, project management, and standard work within the Trust
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of seven (7) years of relevant continuous improvement experience, including at least five (5) years of supervisory and managerial experience
- Certification or formal training in one or more improvement methodologies (e.g. Lean, Six Sigma, Shingo Model, Change Management, etc.)
- Experience in developing, leading, and facilitation improvement program and training for various levels of experience and skills
- Excellent people management, team building, and leadership skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, facilitation, training, and coaching skills
- Experience in developing process maps, procedures, standard work, etc.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and decision making skills
- Experience in motivating, influencing, and driving effective cultural change (Change Agent) with ability to think strategically and challenge current operational thinking to achieve project success
- Strong, customer-oriented team player who embraces challenges and flexibility
- Passion for parks; strong desire to work for the Presidio
- Certification in Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Experience in government, finance, service, construction, and/or non-profit industries
About the Presidio Trust Operational Excellence Team
Our Operational Excellence team's mission is to engage, enable, and empower our talented Trust team members to serve the customers in the best way possible. We bring Continuous Improvement tools, methods, training and coaching to the entire Trust organization to support our drive towards operational excellence. We primarily focus on improving our internal operations so we can deliver excellent experiences to all park visitors, tenants, partners, and our amazing Trust staff. Our Operational Excellence department is passionate in unleashing our staff's talents to not only improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our work, but also to make the Presidio Trust an even better place to work. Background Investigation
The Presidio Trust has identified this position as subject to an employment background investigation which shall consist of a review of applicable county, state and Federal criminal and civil records, and state bankruptcy indexes. An individual's granting of a background investigation and resulting report is voluntary. However, employment in this sensitive position is contingent upon the successful completion of an employment background investigation. The Presidio Trust may refuse to hire an individual, may rescind an offer of employment to an individual, or may review and terminate the employment of a current employee not successfully completing the background investigation.