The Presidio Trust is seeking a Maintenance Worker. The Presidio of San Francisco, the 1,491-acre former Army base at the foot of the Golden Gate Bridge, is now a new kind of national park. The park includes 477 individually significant historic buildings, about 6 million square feet of office space, and more than 180 historic objects. To date, 325 historic buildings have been fully or partially rehabilitated and are now occupied. Now, these beautiful, historic buildings are revived with new life and new uses for our public visitors, tenants, and employees.
The Maintenance Worker performs a full range of activities related to basic construction trades and maintenance skills to include: carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, electrical, painting, appliances and roofing. The Trust Maintenance Worker uses varied skills and abilities to support varied construction, renovation, roofing and corrective maintenance work orders completion.
Our ideal candidate is a team player with a strong work ethic and the skills and passion to help us maintain and care for the Presidio.
This is a full-time position with benefits and a minimum salary of $29.01 per hour. Applications received by February 17, 2020 will receive first consideration.
- Perform carpentry duties as assigned, including repairing, patching, applying plaster, taping and mudding drywall, and build framing as needed. Bolt, nail, align, and block up under forms.
- Repair/replace plumbing fixtures, sweat copper fittings, repair/replace supply and waste water plumbing lines, use hand and power augers to clear toilets and sewer lines
- Use basic HVAC diagnostics to troubleshoot and repair heating/cooling systems
- Painting of small projects/touch ups to include interior and exterior needs with brush and roller techniques
- Basic troubleshooting of dishwashers, refrigerators, ranges (gas and electric), and perform necessary repairs
- Perform basic roofing repairs to include, comp shingle, tile, tar & gravel and rolled roofing, as well as repairs and cleaning of gutters/downspouts.
- Perform basic electrical installation and repair such as: wire for electrical fixtures; bend, thread, assemble and install electrical conduit; splice and solder wire; apply tape or terminal caps; and repair or replace lighting fixtures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. And
- Six (6) months of related maintenance experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence and effectively present information in one-on-one and small group.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions.
- Valid Driver's License
About the Presidio Trust Building Maintenance Department
The Presidio is an extraordinary place to work for the thousands of employees of approximately 100 business who lease commercial space in the park. More than 3.5 million square feet of non-residential space is located throughout the park. Approximately 3,000 people reside in 2 million square feet of residential apartments, multiplexes, or single-family homes in one of the 21 distinct Presidio neighborhoods, which are located near forest groves, trails, waterfront paths, a gold course and two beaches. Two-thirds of the buildings are historic, representing a variety of architectural styles, spanning the periods of Spanish rule, the Civil War, World War I & II, through the 20th Century, to present day. The Presidio Trust Building Maintenance Department ensures that these beautiful, historic buildings are renovated and maintained for contemporary uses, while preserving their unique characteristics for our tenants, residents, employees, and visitors. The Building Maintenance Department successfully manages to accomplish these many and varied tasks utilizing green building sustainable practices while holding one of the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the industry.
Driver's License Investigation & Review
This position requires a current, valid Driver's License prior to starting work, and maintenance of a driver's license throughout occupancy of the position. You will be subject to a driver's license investigation as a New Entrant, and annual driver's license reviews thereafter. An individual's granting of an investigation and resulting reports thereafter is voluntary, however, employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a driver's license investigation. The Trust may refuse to hire an individual, rescind an offer of employment, or review and terminate the employment of a current employee who does not successfully complete the driver's license investigation.