The Presidio Trust is seeking a Locksmith who will support the Security Supervisor and the Department of Public Safety. Once an Army Base, the Presidio of San Francisco is now a new kind of national park. The 1,500-acre Presidio is richly layered in history, is a natural oasis for wildlife, plants, and people, and offers iconic views known around the world. In its third decade as a park, public awareness and enjoyment of this exceptional place continues grow.
The Locksmith installs, repairs, rebuilds, and services mechanical or electrical locking devices. Contributes to the management and safety of the vast Presidio Trust properties, staff, tenants, and visitors in a clean, safe, compliant, and environmentally conscientious manner.
This is a full-time role with benefits and a minimum salary of $35.36 to $43.62 per hour. The starting base salary is dependent on the experience and qualifications of the candidate. This position is included in a bargaining unit, specifically The Laborer's International Union of North America, Local 792, United Public Employees of California. Applications received by February 13, 2023, will receive first consideration.
- Disassemble locks such as padlocks, safe locks, and door locks, and repairs or replaces worn tumblers, springs, and other parts.
- Insert new or repaired tumblers into lock to change combination.
- Cut new or duplicate keys.
- Keep records of company locks and keys.
- Associate degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or
- Six (6) months to one (1) year related experience and/or training; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid Driver's License
- Must obtain and maintain a CA Locksmith Registration License w/in 6 months of EOD
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- A passion for the mission and values of the Presidio Trust.
- Experience working in historic buildings.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, or airborne particles, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Background & Driver's License Investigation and Review
The Presidio Trust has identified this position as subject to an employment background investigation which shall consist of a review of applicable county, state and Federal criminal and civil records, state bankruptcy indexes, driver's license. An individual's granting of a background investigation and resulting report is voluntary. However, employment in this sensitive position is contingent upon the successful completion of an employment background investigation. The Presidio Trust may refuse to hire an individual, may rescind an offer of employment to an individual, or may review and terminate the employment of a current employee not successfully completing the background investigation.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
All Presidio Trust employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or obtain an approved medical or religious exemption. Employment is contingent upon submitting a COVID-19 Certification of Vaccination or qualifying for an exemption when hired.