The Presidio Trust is seeking an IT Specialist (System Administrator) to support and manage critical information systems. The Presidio is the largest preservation effort underway in the United States. Professionals in historic preservation, archaeology , historic landscape architecture, materials conservation, forestry, curatorial practices, construction and engineering work together to renew and revive the Presidio's physical legacy. The Presidio encompasses 1,491 acres, 477 individually significant historic buildings, 6 million square feet of office space, and among other features, more than 180 historic objects including roadways, gates, walls, and a cannon. To date, 325 historic buildings have been fully or partially rehabilitated, 444 historic residential units have been rehabilitated and are now occupied, and 10 historic landscapes have been rehabilitated.
Our ideal candidate brings a strong grasp of best-practices in system administration theories, concepts and methods, and has great troubleshooting abilities and attention to detail. You are an active participant in maintaining, supporting, installing, and deploying information systems; and you are self-motivated, spending time to develop and enhance exceptional solutions to business needs.
- Serve as technical project leader of information systems automation projects which span all life cycle phases from requirements definition to acceptance testing and implementation.
- Provide support to the Trust on projects and processes related to Yardi and other critical systems.
- Work with stakeholders to help define, implement and execute an overarching systems strategy; and develop and enhance current software solutions.
- Configure applications to support property-related process enhancement activities.
- Work with the user base to understand needs and establish IT strategies that improve business process efficiency and sustainability.
- Ensure that project status, issues and successes are communicated to project team, stakeholders, sponsors, steering committee and all levels of management; and document appropriately.
- Research new features and recommend product enhancements to meet business needs.
- Coordinate, test, troubleshoot and implement system upgrades and enhancements.
- Manage all user access and responsibilities. Ensure appropriate access is granted and responsibilities are appropriate for end user needs. Ensure menus provide appropriate segregation of duties.
- Plan and develop a broad range of IT activities, including in-depth analysis of technical and non-technical factors related to defining IT business needs.
- Maintain and assist in set-up and design of reporting requirements and procedures.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress, ensuring that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Provide technical advice and assistance to other technical analysts and technicians regarding system design, development, and integration.
- Manage changes to the project scope, schedule and costs, reporting to management as needed.
- Successfully manage relationships with clients and stakeholders.
- Provide assistance in the area of audit controls and compliance.
- Respond to IT Help Desk inquires and problems, and train end users in proper application uses.
- Work with IT staff to maintain system software, hardware, operating system, and communications.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; and at least 3 years of specialized experience that includes: a) managing business systems and software applications; b) performing administration and maintenance of IT systems; c) ensuring compliance with system security standards; and d) resolving complex hardware and software issues.
- Mastery of business process engineering concepts and methods sufficient to identify improvements in the way information technology is applied to key business functions.
- Ability to provide expert technical advice, guidance, and recommendations to management and other technical specialists on critical IT issues.
- Ability to apply project management principles, methods, and practices, including developing plans and schedules, estimating resource requirements, defining milestones and deliverables, monitoring activities, and evaluating and reporting on accomplishments.
- Ability to apply oral and written communication techniques sufficient to ensure integration of IT programs and services and develop solutions to integration/interoperability issues.
- Passion for parks; strong desire to work for the Presidio
- Proficiency in SQL scripting, Crystal Reports, and Relational DB theory
- Familiarity with Yardi, Oracle, and Ungerboeck systems
About Presidio Trust Information Technology
Our Information Technology (IT) team has established a strong foundation of technology and operational excellence; utilizing technology efficiently, effectively and strategically to achieve the Presidio Trust's vision and meet the needs of Trust employees, partners and the people they serve. The IT organization is responsible for supporting and maintaining the necessary infrastructure to sustain the equivalent of a small city, and provides Trust-wide infrastructure services including systems and operations, networking, telecommunications, and application development and support. We strive to continually perfect our operations, streamline processes, expand access to services, and improve consistency and performance across the organization.
The Presidio Trust has identified this position as subject to a Presidio Trust Standard background investigation without a credit check, which shall consist of a review of applicable county, state and Federal criminal and civil records. An individual's granting of a background investigation and resulting report is voluntary. However, employment in this sensitive position is contingent upon the successful completion of an employment background investigation. The Presidio Trust may refuse to hire an individual, may rescind an offer of employment to an individual, or may review and terminate the employment of a current employee not successfully completing the background investigation.