The Presidio Trust is seeking an IT Specialist (Network & Systems Administrator). The Presidio is a unique national park located in San Francisco at the edge of the Golden Gate. It is home to the spectacular vistas, nature and programs that visitors would expect as well as a community of residents and organizations who bring renewed vitality and purpose to this former military post. The Presidio Trust is an innovative federal agency created to save the Presidio and share it with the public.
Our ideal candidate goes beyond the traditional Information Technology "service provider," bringing innovative ideas, collaborating, and executing technology solutions that will shape and transform the Trust's future and forward movement. You have solid knowledge of the Federal Information Management Act (FIMSA) and National Institute Standards and Technology (NIST) framework, hands-on experience with Microsoft System Center (SCCM) and Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) solutions, and a sense of humor. You are skilled in managing VMWare ESX virtual server, Virtual Center; NetAPP Storage Area Network (SAN) infrastructure; and can also speak in layman's terms.
Applications received by February 26th, 2018 will receive first consideration. We are planning to hold the first round of interviews beginning the week of March 5th, the second round of interviews beginning the week of March 12th, make a job offer in late-March, and set a work start date in April, 2018.
- Technical administration of network infrastructure to include software and hardware support, and management of all network devices such as routers, firewalls, switches, wireless access points, and security appliances.
- Participate in monitoring, maintenance, support and optimization of all network hardware, software, servers and communication links.
- Ensure high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical host computer resources regardless of whether on-premise or hosted.
- Administer and support Active Directory, DNS, and Office 365 Exchange environment, including the creation, deletion, and maintenance of user accounts, mailboxes, distribution lists, groups and all associated security parameters.
- Develop procedures and documentation for backup and restoration of host operating systems and host-based applications.
- Monitor systems utilization, responsiveness and uptime.
- Perform required software/hardware troubleshooting, patches and software installations.
- Collaborate with team members in the design, implementation and practice of end-to-end network security policies, procedures and protocols.
- Perform server and security audits, and system backups and recovery.
- Assist in the 24 x 7 monitoring of the Data Center infrastructure.
- Assist with management of VMWare ESX farm and virtual hosts.
- Assist with management of SAN (Storage Area Network) and related SAN fabric and network switches.
- Provide expert-level technical support and Help Desk assistance to end-users.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year College or University and at least 3 years of hands-on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, SSL certificates, and log management.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP including IPv6 and proficient with Cisco IOS
- Experience with Virtualization technologies such as VMWare and SAN storage infrastructure
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Servers and Windows 7 and 10 operating systems
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policies
- Experience with Azure and Office 365 administration and troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of network security including VPNs, ACLs, IPSEC, SSL
- Proven experience with network capacity planning and network management best practices
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Work well in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with strong customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Must be able to lift to 50 lbs
- Must have driver's license in good standing
- Passion for parks; strong desire to work for the Presidio
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or higher certification is preferred
About Presidio Trust Information Technology
Our Information Technology (IT) team has established a strong foundation of technology and operational excellence; utilizing technology efficiently, effectively and strategically to achieve the Presidio Trust's vision and meet the needs of Trust employees, partners and the people they serve. The IT organization is responsible for supporting and maintaining the necessary infrastructure to sustain the equivalent of a small city, and provides Trust-wide infrastructure services including systems and operations, networking, telecommunications, and application development and support. We strive to continually perfect our operations, streamline processes, expand access to services, and improve consistency and performance across the organization.
The Presidio Trust has identified this position as subject to an employment background investigation which shall consist of a review of applicable education credentials. This position also requires a current, valid Driver's License prior to starting work, and maintenance of a driver's license throughout occupancy of the position. You will be subject to a driver's license investigation as a New Entrant, and annual driver's license reviews thereafter. An individual's granting of an investigation and resulting reports thereafter is voluntary. However, employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a driver's license investigation. The Presidio Trust may refuse to hire an individual, may rescind an offer of employment to an individual, or may review and terminate the employment of a current employee not successfully completing the driver's license investigation.