The Presidio Trust is seeking an IT Business Analyst who will be the vital link between our information technology capacity and our business objectives. The Presidio is a unique national park located in San Francisco at the Golden Gate. On any given day at the Presidio, organizations are pursuing new ideas, scientists are conducting research, and people of all ages are volunteering, learning, playing and exploring. Hundreds of former military buildings are animated by more than 3,000 residents and 200 companies, including high tech start-ups, innovative non-profits and others that offer a welcoming mix of visitor experiences. The park has a mosaic of cultural and natural plant communities, including historic gardens and forests and restored and remnant wetlands, sand dunes, grasslands and salt marsh. Almost 400 native plant species grow here, several of which are endangered and grow nowhere else in the world.
The ideal candidate will possess a solid technical understanding of software systems integration, excellent project management capabilities, and outstanding business problem-solving experience. You are an outstanding communicator with demonstrated success in working with diverse teams of stakeholders in identifying and implementing effective IT system solutions.
Applications received by May 21st, 2018 will receive first consideration. We are planning to hold the first round of interviews beginning the week of May 28th, the second round of interviews beginning the week of June 4th, make a job offer in mid-June, and set a work start date no later than July, 2018.
- Management of information technology projects, specifically those requiring integration between systems with a focus on meeting project commitments (including communication with sponsors, stakeholders, etc.)
- Facilitate the coordination of technical projects by acting as a liaison between business users and technology teams
- Work closely with business managers to gain in-depth understanding of business issues
- Identify, analyze, and translate business needs into functional specifications
- Make recommendations and propose technical/non-technical solutions to solve business problems and meet business requirements
- Participate in projects through the various phases, often acting in a project support role
- Design, create, and document process flows, technical requirements, specifications, diagrams, scenarios, mockups, and/or models using Visio, MS Word, Excel, PDF, SharePoint, and other like tools
- Create and maintain Business Requirement Documents (BRDs) or other equivalent written documentation
- Assist project managers in reviewing business and system requirements with stakeholders and obtaining approval to proceed
- Assess business risk, potential severity, probability and strategy
- Recommend operational objectives by studying business functions, gathering information, and evaluating output requirements and formats
- Recommend system improvements by studying current practices and suggesting modifications
- Recommend controls by identifying problems, and write improved procedures
- Maintain system protocols by writing and updating procedures
- Provide references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation, providing help desk support, and training users
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration, or a related field of study; AND at least 3 years of experience in an IT environment serving in a business analysis or project management capacity
- Ability to understand the business issues and data challenges of an organization, and translate them into technical solutions
- Ability to identify an organization's strengths and weaknesses, and suggest improvements, solutions, and changes
- Ability to review requirements, specifications, and processes related to proposed solutions, and develop functional and system design specifications for projects
- Comprehensive understanding of business issues and processes as well as IT resources and enabling technologies
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills; and ability to work from issue identification through resolution quickly and methodically
- Ability to conduct needs assessments with business users, identify business requirements, and translate into a project plan
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills with both business and technology staff, and comfortable initiating conversations with non-technical peers within the organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop cohesive working relationships with internal and external clients
- Ability to work well independently and with others, with keen attention to detail
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, MS Project, etc)
- Self-motivated and readily adaptable
- Passion for parks; strong desire to work for the Presidio.
- aptitude to learn new platform and configuration tools, and dig enthusiastically into new subjects and projects
About Presidio Trust Information Technology
Our Information Technology (IT) team has established a strong foundation of technology and operational excellence; utilizing technology efficiently, effectively and strategically to achieve the Presidio Trust's vision and meet the needs of Trust employees, partners and the people they serve. The IT organization is responsible for supporting and maintaining the necessary infrastructure to sustain the equivalent of a small city, and provides Trust-wide infrastructure services including systems and operations, networking, telecommunications, and application development and support. We strive to continually perfect our operations, streamline processes, expand access to services, and improve consistency and performance across the organization.
The Presidio Trust has identified this position as subject to a Presidio Trust Standard background investigation without a credit check, which shall consist of a review of applicable county, state and Federal criminal and civil records. An individual's granting of a background investigation and resulting report is voluntary. However, employment in this sensitive position is contingent upon the successful completion of an employment background investigation. The Presidio Trust may refuse to hire an individual, may rescind an offer of employment to an individual, or may review and terminate the employment of a current employee not successfully completing the background investigation.