The Presidio of San Francisco has been the beautiful backdrop to life's celebrations since its inception as a Spanish military installation. Now as a new kind of national park, the Presidio's facilities, including some of San Francisco's beloved icons, are available for public use. We're seeking a Facilities Venue Assistant to represent the Presidio at the Officers' Club, and occasionally in other Trust occupied spaces throughout the Presidio.
Our ideal candidate is approachable and engaging, and is dedicated to welcoming and sharing the Presidio experience with all people of all backgrounds. You are professional, courteous, and committed to ensuring that facilities are consistently kept in the best conditions to preserve these beautiful spaces for future visitors. You have the ingenuity to resolve issues when they unexpectedly arise, often after hours with limited support, and you do so with aplomb and graciousness, ensuring that guests want to return again and again.
This is a part-time position up to 24 hours per week with benefits and a minimum starting salary of $18.71 per hour. Applications received by November 26th, 2018 will receive first consideration. We are planning to hold interviews December 5-7, make a job offer before the end of December, and set a work start date in January, 2019.
- As an important member of the Branch of Commercial Asset Management team, conduct key facilities management tasks for assigned facilities including Trust occupied buildings, public buildings, public restrooms, and recreational facilities.
- Support guest requests and concerns, and ensure all service requests are responded to in a timely manner and appropriately managed to established standards of performance.
- Oversee and review the scheduling and the work of janitorial, security and other hired contractors responsible for providing services to assigned facilities.
- Open and close facilities as directed.
- Procure repairs or maintenance of facilities as necessary.
- Provide on-the-spot solutions for minor maintenance issues such as burned out light bulbs, plugged toilets and spills.
- Ensure that all rules and regulations identified for the facility are followed.
- Work with visitor-serving staff to ensure visitor contact is handled in a friendly and professional manner, customer and client satisfaction is maintained, and real property assets are preserved.
- Monitor event logistics, caterers, fire safety, rental equipment set-up, cleaning, and maintenance.
- Act as an ambassador for the facility and the Presidio Trust.
- Ensure that facility is kept orderly and comfortable.
- Must be reliable, personable and meet and communicate effectively with a diverse clientele.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to be flexible and adapt with change.
- Familiarity with building systems language, including air handling units, boilers, chillers, life safety and security, plumbing and electrical; and ability to discuss problems, needed repairs, and recommended budgeting.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, safety rules and operating instructions.
- Ability to recognize and coordinate emergency repairs.
- Requires weekend and evening work. Anticipated schedule is Thursday and Friday evenings, flexible Saturday hours dependent on events, and Sundays.
- Work is part-time, 24 hours per week. Sometimes requires work in excess of 8 hours/day.
- Comfortable business attire required while on duty.
- Must maintain a valid driver's license to drive between assigned facilities.
- Passion for parks; strong desire to work for the Presidio.
About the Presidio Trust Officers' Club
The Presidio includes some of San Francisco's most iconic event spaces. The Officers' Club, one of San Francisco's first buildings (established in 1776), offers panoramic views across the main post lawn and San Francisco bay, a stunning ballroom, and an open air courtyard. Throughout the 20th century, the O' Club was a gathering place for Army brass and their families. Today, it has been transformed into a multi-faceted community and cultural destination that includes a destination restaurant by award-winning chef Traci Des Jardins. The Presidio Trust is honored to share this, and many other, sublime spaces to host special events.
Driver's License Investigation and Review
This position requires a current, valid Driver's License prior to starting work, and maintenance of a driver's license throughout occupancy of the position. You will be subject to a driver's license investigation as a New Entrant, and annual driver's license reviews thereafter. An individual's granting of an investigation and resulting reports thereafter is voluntary. However, employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a driver's license investigation. The Presidio Trust may refuse to hire an individual, may rescind an offer of employment to an individual, or may review and terminate the employment of a current employee not successfully completing the driver's license investigation.