The Presidio Trust is actively seeking a resourceful, mission-driven and highly-skilled Executive Assistant to join our Communications team. Once an Army Base, the Presidio of San Francisco is now a new kind of national park. The 1,500 acre Presidio is richly layered in history, it is a natural oasis for wildlife, plants and people, and offers iconic views known around the world. In its second decade as a park, public awareness and enjoyment of this exceptional place continues to grow.
As the Executive Assistant to the Chief Marketing Officer, you will take on a diverse range of high-level administrative and logistical duties to ensure seamless office operations. You will be a key member of the team and will interact closely with various internal teams and departments of the organization, as well as the general public and stakeholders to further the organization's mission. Our ideal candidate is highly organized, forward-thinking, has a can-do attitude, and is comfortable engaging with the public. You have excellent collaboration and communication skills, remain focused and calm under pressure, and are passionate about sharing this treasured National Park and National Historic Landmark with the public.
This is a full-time position with benefits. Applications received by July 29, 2019 will receive first consideration. We are planning to hold the first round of interviews the week of August 8, the second round of interviews the week of August 15, make a job offer in late August, and set a work start date in September 2019.
- Provide full and diversified administrative support to your Executive, and Division which includes Communications & Marketing, and External Affairs, as well as other Trust senior managers and Executive Assistants as needed. Act as liaison between the Executive and other offices.
- Manage a complex calendar; screen and prioritize communications; coordinate internal and external calls, conferences, meetings and events.
- Manage and oversee the department budget tracking, including support with annual budget preparation and ongoing cost tracking and forecasting, and purchasing through Oracle.
- Complete travel documents, and arrange and coordinate travel schedules and reservations.
- Field and respond to incoming calls from the public, route mail, prepare outgoing correspondence, prepare agendas, and record minutes of meetings.
- Compose, edit, and type both routine and complex correspondence, create and maintain database/spreadsheet files and associated reporting, and organize and maintain file system.
- Serve as timekeeper and process timesheets for assigned employees on a bi-weekly basis, acting as liaison between employees and Human Resources regarding timekeeping questions and issues, and serving as back-up timekeeper.
- Update job knowledge through participation in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Serve as a receptionist for the Trust HQ reception desk.
- At least three years' experience as an executive-level assistant in a corporate setting, OR an associate's degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, work ethic, and commitment to providing excellent customer service, while establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Ability to think strategically, multi-task, attend to detail/deadlines, and work well under pressure.
- Self-motivated to manage multiple projects simultaneously, excellent problem-solving skills, and ability to be flexible and adapt with change.
- Ability to anticipate, triage, and resolve practical problems considering interrelationships between organizations, people, and current issues.
- Proficient with accounting principles and computer skills including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint, Oracle and QuickTime.
- Bright, confident, and enthusiastic demeanor with passion for parks; strong desire to work for the Presidio Trust.
- Working knowledge of the Trust's structure, key personnel and organizational policies and procedures.
- Experience working with Quicktime (or similar timekeeping software) and Oracle (or similar accounting software.
- Optimistic and positive attitude with a demonstrated deep commitment to the highest level of customer service.
- General knowledge of terms and processes employed in the communications industry.
About the Presidio Trust Communications Division
The Communications Division promotes the Presidio to visitors from near and far, markets Trust businesses, commercial space and residential rentals, and ensures that staff and stakeholders are informed and engaged in Trust activities and operations.
This position requires the completion of the U.S. Office of Government Ethics (OGE) Form 450, Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, both as a New Entrant into the position and annually thereafter. The purpose of the financial disclosure system is to assist employees and their agencies in avoiding conflicts between official duties and private financial interests or affiliations.