The Presidio Trust is seeking an Electrician. The Presidio of San Francisco, the 1,491-acre former Army base at the foot of the Golden Gate Bridge, is now a new kind of national park. The park includes 477 individually significant historic buildings, about 6 million square feet of office space, and more than 180 historic objects. To date, 325 historic buildings have been fully or partially rehabilitated and are now occupied. Now, these beautiful, historic buildings are revived with new life and new uses for our public visitors, tenants, and employees.
The Electrician plans layout, installs, and repairs wiring, electrical fixtures, apparatus, and is responsible for control of related equipment throughout The Presidio Trust in a safe, compliant and environmentally conscientious manner. Our ideal candidate is a team player with excellent communication skills, strong computer skills, and the ability to assess and problem solve.
This is a full-time position with benefits and a minimum salary of $33.64 per hour. Applications received by February 28, 2020 will receive first consideration.
- Plan new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials, provide access for future maintenance, and to avoid unsightly, hazardous, and unreliable wiring, consistent with specifications and electrical codes.
- Prepare sketches showing locations of wiring and equipment, or follows diagrams, blueprints and ensuring that concealed wiring is installed before completion of future walls, ceilings, and flooring.
- Test continuity of circuit to ensure electrical compatibility and safety of components with testing instruments such as ohmmeter, battery and buzzer, and oscilloscope.
- Observe functioning of installed equipment or systems to detect hazards and the need for adjustments, relocation, and/or replacement.
- Repair faulty equipment or systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree (AA) or
- Equivalent experience from two (2) year college or technical school
- Four (4) year journeyman level experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid Driver's license.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence and communicate effectively to customers and/or employees.
- Ability to calculate figures and to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
About the Presidio Building Stewardship Department
The Presidio is an extraordinary place to work for the thousands of employees of approximately 100 business who lease commercial space in the park. More than 3.5 million square feet of non-residential space is located throughout the park. Approximately 3,000 people reside in 2 million square feet of residential apartments, multiplexes, or single-family homes in one of the 21 distinct Presidio neighborhoods, which are located near forest groves, trails, waterfront paths, a golf course and two beaches. Two-thirds of the buildings are historic, representing a variety of architectural styles, spanning the periods of Spanish rule, the Civil War, World War I & II, through the 20th Century, to present day. The Presidio Trust Building Stewardship Department ensures that these beautiful, historic buildings are renovated and maintained for contemporary uses, while preserving their unique characteristics for our tenants, residents, employees, and visitors. The Building Stewardship Department successfully manages to accomplish these many and varied tasks utilizing green building sustainable practices while holding one of the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the industry.
Driver's License Investigation & Review
This position requires a current, valid Driver's License prior to starting work, and maintenance of a driver's license throughout occupancy of the position. You will be subject to a driver's license investigation as a New Entrant, and annual driver's license reviews thereafter. An individual's granting of an investigation and resulting reports thereafter is voluntary, however, employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a driver's license investigation. The Trust may refuse to hire an individual, rescind an offer of employment, or review and terminate the employment of a current employee who does not successfully complete the driver's license investigation.