Make history with us! The Presidio Trust is seeking a talented Director of Human Resources to lead our Employee Support Services team.
The Presidio Trust manages the Presidio of San Francisco, a stunning national park site that features inspiring forests and plants, charming wildlife, hundreds of historic buildings, and millions of square feet of professional workspace.
As our new Director of Human Resources, you'll provide leadership, inspiration, and support to the 300 dedicated employees that drive it all. You have deep experience in most aspects of HR including talent acquisition, total compensation, employee and labor relations, workers compensation, payroll, and personnel recordkeeping.
With strong interpersonal and management skills, you'll exemplify a fearless "can do" spirit that brings infectious positive energy and enthusiasm to the agency's mission. You'll partner with all agency departments, exploring creative ways to help steward the Presidio by nurturing an adaptive culture, supporting passionate staff, balancing resources, increasing efficiencies, and believing in the magic of this very special place.
Our Director of Human Resources is critical to ensuring that the Presidio – a treasured national resource – is preserved for future generations. If you're excited to share your passion for the outdoors with others – we'd love to meet you!
Applications received by July 8, 2020 will receive first consideration. Interested candidates please hold the dates of July 29, Aug 5th and Aug 12th open in the event you are selected for interviews.
Personally or through others, the Director of Human Resources provides services in the following areas:
- Set the organization's strategic employee services direction and priorities, enabling the organization to adapt to a constantly changing external environment.
- Provide outstanding customer service to employees and managers. Be a close confidant and advisor to chiefs and directors to help them be great people managers. Participate in the Trust Leadership Team.
- Provide inspirational, supportive and empowering leadership for a diverse group of passionate, committed and skilled staff members. Drive the work of the department to achieve organizational goals, in part by building a culture of continuous improvement in the team. Coach the team on problem solving and work methods and practices. Distribute and balance workload, monitor and report on the status of work, and identify and meet training needs and opportunities.
- Actively promote a vibrant, healthy internal culture, which supports the Presidio Trust mission and promotes synergy and collaboration across the organization. In partnership with internal communications and learning and development leaders, inspire, monitor and drive increased employee engagement.
- Build and sustain excellent working relationships internally across the organization while demonstrating a high-level of emotional intelligence and cultural competency.
- Create, update and implement policies and processes to provide transparency, clarity and fairness to all employees as a backbone for the organization's healthy culture.
- Enhance a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion in the organization.
- Lead department annual planning, KPIs and operating metrics reporting, and budget management.
- Lead Department vision and strategy for human resource functions. Ensure the department follows best practices for:
- Employee Engagement
- Talent Acquisition and Placement
- Compensation and Classification
- Pay Administration
- Employee Benefits
- Leave Administration
- Workers Compensation
- Employee Relations
- Labor Relations
- Performance Management
- Learning & Development
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Drive continuous process and systems improvement across the department, including key cross-functional initiatives as appropriate.
- Directly and indirectly supervises a team of ten (10), which includes an Assistant Director, Senior Specialists, Specialists, Coordinators and an Executive Assistant.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 12+ years of experience in people/human resources.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience successfully building, leading and managing a people/human resources unit.
- Knowledge of, and experience applying human resource concepts, practices, laws, regulations, sufficient to provide comprehensive human resource management advisory and technical services.
- Experience with developing and implementing Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to use a variety of conflict resolution techniques to successfully manage highly charged emotional situations, and to coach others to do so.
- Written and oral communication skills sufficient to develop and deliver briefings, project papers, status/staff reports, and correspondence to foster understanding and acceptance of findings and recommendations.
- Demonstrated excellent judgement.
- Demonstrated creativity and flexibility.
About the Communications, Marketing & Employee Services Division
- A good sense of humor.
- A passion for the mission of the Presidio Trust.
- Knowledge of federal HR policies and systems, as well as federal employment and labor laws with an ability to interpret regulations and set policy accordingly.
We're the people who are all about...people! Our team is part of the newly formed division that includes Employee Support Services, Marketing, and Communications, the teams who support our employees and connect with park visitors, residents and tenants. Internally, we combine the talents of our employee engagement teams to supercharge staff support through employee support services, internal communications, change management, learning and development, and project and portfolio management capabilities. Our external focus leverages strategic insights from the destination travel, park and hospitality industries to better engage our visitors. We also market our park and businesses (commercial and residential real estate, events and venues, and hospitality), and serve the public information function of the park with our government and community affairs liaison.
The Presidio Trust has identified this position as subject to a standard employment background investigation which shall consist of a review of applicable county, state and Federal criminal and civil records, state bankruptcy indexes, and a credit report. An individual's granting of a background investigation and resulting report is voluntary, however, employment is contingent upon the successful completion of the investigation. The Trust may refuse to hire an individual, rescind an offer of employment, or review and terminate the employment of a current employee who does not successfully complete a background investigation.
This position requires the completion of the U.S. Office of Government Ethics (OGE) Form 278, Public Financial Disclosure Report, both as a New Entrant into the position and annually thereafter. The purpose of the financial disclosure system is to assist employees and their agencies in avoiding conflicts between official duties and private financial interests or affiliations.