The Presidio Trust is recruiting for a highly experienced IT manager to manage the day-to-day activities of the Information Technology (IT) Department. This is an exciting opportunity with a variety of transformational challenges and opportunities for an experienced technology leader to help improve customer and operational services in a number of key areas. The successful candidate must have a proven and verifiable track record of providing technology solutions for leveraging existing systems and transitioning IT to an integrated and contemporary state-of-the-art technology organization. The ideal candidate will be a forward-thinking IT professional with a strong background in system conversion and organizational transformation.
Applications received by June 28th, 2018 will receive first consideration. Applications received by July 13th, 2018 will receive second consideration. We are planning to hold the first round of interviews beginning the week of July 16th, the second round of interviews beginning the week of July 30th, make a job offer in August, and set a work start date no later than September, 2018. Please plan to be available during these interview times if you would like to be considered for this opportunity.
The Director of Information Technology provides vision and leadership for the Information Technology (IT) Department. The Director of IT is responsible for managing the staff and overall operations of the Information Technology Department. They are responsible for the planning, development, and coordination of IT services which includes enterprise applications, security, network and server infrastructure, telecommunications, telephone services, help desk (350+ end users) and project support. The position provides leadership to the Trust as it seeks more effective IT service delivery options and partners with Operational Excellence teams on continuous improvement initiatives. The Director of IT works with agency executives, senior management, and IT Teams to support the business needs and ensures the Trust is effectively managing all IT related assets and resources. Through partnerships with the Leadership Team, the Director of IT will:
- Advance an IT strategy and roadmap that aligns with the Trust's strategic planning process
- Establish, plan, and administer the overall policies and goals for the information technology department
- Advise Executive Management on opportunities and risks associated with technology
- Plan, organize, manage, and monitor all IT projects including new applications development projects and significant infrastructure changes
- Act as a trusted advisor by building and maintaining relationships with business unit leaders
- Oversee the management of the Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning Federal Financial System
- Ensure projects are planned, organized, monitored, and delivered on time and within budget, satisfy customer business needs, and effectively use IT staff resources
- Execute a data-centric strategy and drive digital transformation across the organization
- Provide assessment and direction on emerging technologies to ensure the Trust's IT capabilities respond to the digital business strategy; monitor and analyze technology and trends that could improve the agency
- Develop, track and control the IT annual operating and capital budgets as well as maintenance schedules
- Establish and maintain an agency wide information security program in accordance with applicable laws
- Be responsible for cybersecurity oversight and incident response plan
- Develop, implement, and monitor management information systems, policies and controls to ensure data accuracy, security and legal and regulatory compliance
- Negotiate with consultants, technical personnel, and vendors for services and products in coordination with Procurement Department
- Develop, maintain, and test the technology related to disaster recovery plans, and participate in agency contingency planning
The Ideal Candidate
This is a challenging opportunity for a highly dynamic, credible, strategic, and influential leader with the experience and expertise to manage and direct the Information Technology Department. This position provides vision and leadership to full-time staff, as well as vendors and contractors. This person will be results driven and experienced in both initiating and implementing change. The candidate will be an experienced, decisive, an innovative leader with the highest degree of ethics and integrity, leadership and professionalism, as well as strong interpersonal skills and excellent judgment. They will possess a thorough understanding of all facets of information technology and how it impacts operational planning and program implementation in meeting user requirements and service delivery needs for the agency. The most qualified candidates will be results-oriented and demonstrate their ability to lead staff and manage a challenging information technology operation. Ideally, the selected candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, be team oriented, and able to maintain high morale.
The ideal candidate will also have the level of experience necessary to:
- Provide leadership in developing, expanding, and conveying the Trust's technology vision to achieve improved operational efficiencies and customer satisfaction across a broad spectrum
- Improve and enhance customer service, improving responsiveness and effectiveness
- Instill change within the organization to more fully embrace an aggressive and progressive approach to the delivery of technology, and also understand when technology is not a solution
- Master's degree in computer science, computer/information technology, OR an equivalent level of progressively responsible education and experience in enterprise application systems project management in the context of designing and maintaining complex, enterprise-service-oriented infrastructure.
- At least five years of experience serving in a leadership level position in IT
- Demonstrated expertise in managing a complex information technology program
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience at the senior management level in a mid-sized organization
- Familiarity with Oracle and Microsoft applications and tools
- Knowledge of the open market telecommunications industry
- Ability to plan, organize, budget for and manage a broad spectrum of advanced information technology programs
- Ability to formulate and implement major information technology programs and policy initiatives, and to direct an organization in the accomplishment of short and long term objectives
- Project management experience monitoring and evaluating contractor activities covering organization-wide systems
- Extensive experience in the design and implementation of business process improvements, information technology, budgeting, and resource management
About Presidio Trust Information Technology
Our Information Technology (IT) team has established a strong foundation of technology and operational excellence; utilizing technology efficiently, effectively and strategically to achieve the Presidio Trust's vision and meet the needs of Trust employees, partners and the people they serve. The IT organization is responsible for supporting and maintaining the necessary infrastructure to sustain the equivalent of a small city, and provides Trust-wide infrastructure services including systems and operations, networking, telecommunications, and application development and support. We strive to continually perfect our operations, streamline processes, expand access to services, and improve consistency and performance across the organization.
The Presidio Trust has identified this position as subject to a standard employment background investigation which shall consist of a review of applicable county, state and Federal criminal and civil records, state bankruptcy indexes, and a credit report. An individual's granting of a background investigation and resulting report is voluntary, however, employment is contingent upon the successful completion of the investigation. The Trust may refuse to hire an individual, rescind an offer of employment, or review and terminate the employment of a current employee who does not successfully complete a background investigation.
This position requires the completion of the U.S. Office of Government Ethics (OGE) Form 278, Public Financial Disclosure Report, both as a New Entrant into the position and annually thereafter. The purpose of the financial disclosure system is to assist employees and their agencies in avoiding conflicts between official duties and private financial interests or affiliations.