The Presidio Trust is seeking an Employee Support Services Director. Once an Army Base, the Presidio of San Francisco is now a new kind of national park. Nestled in 1,500 wooded and landscaped acres, it is home to spectacular vistas, nature and programs. A community of residents and organizations who live and work in the Presidio bring renewed vitality and purpose to the former military post. The Presidio Trust is an innovative federal agency created to save the Presidio and share it with the public. The Presidio Trust's Employee Support Services team is small and mighty, serving more than 300 employees in professional, administrative, technical, clerical, and trades occupations. We're innovative thanks to agency flexibilities, unique to the federal government, that provide human resources professionals with a work environment that is both stimulating and challenging.
If you love the outdoors, and love sharing the outdoors, consider joining us! Our ideal candidate has experience transitioning to and managing an agile, people-centric human resources office. You have deep and broad experience in most aspects of HR including talent acquisition, total compensation, employee and labor relations, workers compensation, payroll, and personnel recordkeeping. You are a relationship builder, recognizing the importance of credibility and partnerships with HR's internal stakeholders. You live and breathe data, using analytics to drive decision-making. As a key member of the People team, you'll partner with Learning & Development and Internships and Volunteer Engagement to ensure a consistent, exceptional employee experience. This is the opportunity to join an amazing, highly-functional team of HR professionals, who you'll continue to nurture, grow, and develop.
Applications received by May 4, 2018 will receive first consideration. We are planning to hold first round interviews beginning the week of May 7, 2018, second round interviews the week of May 14, 2018, make a job offer by May 18, 2018, and set a work start date in June. Please plan to be available during these interview times if you would like to be considered for this opportunity.
- Standardize and streamline the Employee Support Services Office by creating, implementing and updating policies, procedures, and protocols as a backbone for the organization.
- Build excellent working relationships with peers and hiring managers to resolve issues at the lowest level possible and be recognized as a partner and resource in day-to-day supervisory and management activities.
- Continue to transition the office from a compliance-based office to an agile, people-centric office.
- Use data analytics and metrics to drive decision making.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the ESS office in an agile and people-centric manner.
- Monitor and drive increased employee engagement.
- Develop, mentor and provide feedback to the ESS staff as a servant-leader.
- Drive the work of the department to achieve organizational goals. Coach the team on problem solving and work methods and practices. Distribute and balance workload, monitor and report on the status of work, and identify training needs and opportunities.
- Represent the Department and maintain a broad range of contacts with regard to employee support services systems and personnel. Provide advice to leaders at all levels of the Trust in talent acquisition, total compensation, employee and labor relations, workers compensation, payroll and personnel recordkeeping.
- Review existing, and develop new plans, procedures, standards, and methods for employee support services activities. Manage implementation of improvements that emphasize efficiency of operations and quality of outputs.
- Act with delegated authority on behalf of or in the absence of the Chief People Officer.
- At least ten years of successful experience in a variety of employee support services specialties, including Talent Acquisition, Total Compensation, Employee and Labor Relations, Workers Compensation, Payroll and Personnel Recordkeeping.
- Experience using data analytics to drive HR decision making.
- Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining exceptional working relationships with managers and supervisors.
- Ability to provide expertise in planning, preparation, and execution of employee support services functions.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Love of the outdoors and parks; love of the Presidio specifically.
- Service ethos: both public or volunteer service and customer service.
- Experience in both public and private sectors.
- Experience with private sector staff.
- Experience with public sector (particularly federal) labor and employee relations.
- Experience transitioning a compliance based HR office to a people-centric HR office.
The Presidio Trust has identified this position as subject to a standard employment background investigation which shall consist of a review of applicable county, state and Federal criminal and civil records, state bankruptcy indexes, and a credit report. An individual's granting of a background investigation and resulting report is voluntary, however, employment is contingent upon the successful completion of the investigation. The Trust may refuse to hire an individual, rescind an offer of employment, or review and terminate the employment of a current employee who does not successfully complete a background investigation.
This position requires the completion of the U.S. Office of Government Ethics (OGE) Form 278, Public Financial Disclosure Report, both as a New Entrant into the position and annually thereafter. The purpose of the financial disclosure system is to assist employees and their agencies in avoiding conflicts between official duties and private financial interests or affiliations.
About the Presidio Trust People Office
The Presidio Trust People Office is leading some exciting organizational changes! We are transforming our compensation and job classification structures. We are also poised to implement our first learning management system, applicant tracking system, and performance management system.