The Presidio Trust is actively seeking a Contract Specialist. Once an Army Base, the Presidio of San Francisco is now a new kind of national park. The 1,500-acre Presidio is richly layered in history, is a natural oasis for wildlife, plants, and people, and offers iconic views known around the world. In its third decade as a park, public awareness and enjoyment of this exceptional place continues grow.
The Contract Specialist performs the wide range of pre-award, post-award, and contract preparation and administration work on a broad spectrum of small to medium level construction contracts, professional services, maintenance natural resources, parking, shuttle, transportation, and task order contracts and agreements. This role serves as the Travel Coordinator and manages the Trust Purchase Card Program.
Our ideal candidate has outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, and a professional knack for applying broad administrative, financial, and analytical principles, practices, and laws and embraces the opportunity to work in a team-oriented department.
This is a full-time role with benefits. Applications received by September 1, 2022 will receive first consideration.
- Perform pre-award contract activities, developing contracting plan, resourcing, and interface with various user groups (engineering, construction, operations, maintenance, transportation, natural resources and others as necessary) in support of preparation of RFP's/IFB's.
- Perform and manage solicitation process including pre-bid meetings/job-walks (where necessary), bid evaluation/analysis and price negotiations, award recommendations, and contract execution.
- Coordinate contract negotiations, terms and conditions, modifications and audits.
- Ensure contract compliance with all reporting requirements, invoices and supporting documentation in a timely manner.
- Prepare, administer and manage Task Order contracts and Task Orders.
- Monitor Davis Bacon/Service Contract Act prevailing wage rates where applicable.
- Perform contract close out tasks, including resolution of outstanding contract issues, final invoices and contractor performance evaluations.
- Assist Associate Director of Contracting by working with Trust General Counsels office to identify new contract formats and to ensure proper document language.
- Manage the Trust's Purchase Card Program; issue cards, train cardholders, enforce procedures, maintain and revise procedures in order to maintain compliance and program efficiencies.
- Serve as the Trust's Travel Coordinator which includes training cardholders, managing Travel Cards, monitoring travel planning, processing employee travel reimbursements, and revising agency procedures as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree; AND
- At least three (3) years relevant experience with a wide variety of contract types.
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy in word processing and spread sheets (MS Office).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Adaptability/resilience, innovation, integrity.
- Strong customer service skills and ability to collaborate and work with others.
- Formal presentation skills, innovative, integrity, decision making skills, excellence and business acumen.
- Good personality and friendly attitude.
- Experience with the Oracle Financial Systems
About the Administration and Contracting Team
Part of the newly established Trust Operations Division, the Administration and Contracting Department provides a variety of contract and solicitation support services for the entire organization. As part of a division that includes office management for Trust-occupied facilities, supports and records management and compliance, the contracting department delivers a high standard of customer service as well as contracting administration, and manages the process of creating and documenting organizational policies and procedures.
The Presidio Trust has identified this position as subject to an employment background investigation, which shall consist of a review of applicable county, state, and Federal criminal and civil records, state bankruptcy indexes and a credit report. An individual's granting of an investigation and resulting report is voluntary. However, employment in this sensitive position is contingent upon the successful completion of an investigation. The Presidio Trust may refuse to hire an individual, may rescind an offer of employment to an individual, or may review and terminate the employment of a current employee not successfully completing the investigation.
This position requires the completion of the U.S. Office of Government Ethics (OGE) Form 450, Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, both as a New Entrant into the position and annually thereafter. The purpose of the financial disclosure system is to assist employees and their agencies in avoiding conflicts between official duties and private financial interests or affiliations.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
All Presidio Trust employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or obtain an approved medical or religious exemption. Employment is contingent upon submitting a COVID-19 Certification of Vaccination or qualifying for an exemption when hired.