The Presidio Trust is seeking a Contract Specialist to join our indispensable Contracting Team. Once an Army base, now a new kind of national park, the Presidio of San Francisco is the largest preservation effort underway in the United States. The Presidio operates as a wholly-owned government corporation and faces many of the typical contracting needs and challenges that a private sector operating business needs to address. In addition, we have unique opportunities to work with professionals in historic preservation, archaeology, historic landscape architecture, materials conservation, forestry, curatorial practices, and construction and engineering.
The Presidio Trust's contracting team supports major contracting efforts in the Presidio. On a regular basis our team supports our hospitality, public programming, educational initiatives, operations, planning, information technology, transportation and many interesting and multi-faceted lines of business.
Our ideal candidate is detail-oriented, organized, and devoted to providing exceptional contract support in rehabilitating, operating, and maintaining the Presidio. You proactively communicate, operate well independently and collaboratively as a team player, and can easily transition between tasks, details, and systems. Dependability, flexibility and dedication are key in this fast-paced office.
Applications received by January 4th, 2019 will receive first consideration. We are planning to hold interviews beginning the week of January 14th, make a job offer by the end of January, and set a work start date in February 2019.
- Perform pre-award contract activities. Develop contracting plan, contractor resourcing, and interface with various user groups (engineering, construction, operations, maintenance, transportation, municipal services, natural resources and others as necessary) in support of preparation of RFP's/IFB's. Manage solicitation process including pre-bid meetings/job-walks, bid evaluation/analysis and price negotiations, award recommendations, and contract execution.
- Coordinate negotiation of contract terms and conditions.
- Perform all facets of pre-award/post-award and contract/solicitation administration.
- Administer changes to contracts including contract modifications and audits.
- Prepare, administer and manage Task Order contracts and Task Orders.
- Proactive in ensuring contract compliance, and that various reporting requirements, invoices and supporting documents are completed in a timely manner.
- Monitor Davis Bacon/Service Contract Act prevailing wage rates where applicable.
- Perform close out of contracts, and finalize outstanding contract issues, final invoices and contractor performance evaluations.
- Interface with Trust management with respect to contracting activities.
- Assist the Associate Director of Contracting in working with Legal to identify new contract formats and ensure proper document language.
- Manage the Trust's Purchase Card Program. Train cardholders, issue cards, enforce procedures, and maintain and revise procedures to keep the program as efficient as possible.
- Serve as Travel Coordinator with responsibility for training cardholders, managing Travel Cards, monitoring travel planning, processing employee travel reimbursements, and revising agency procedures as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university and at least 3 years of relevant experience with a wide variety of contract types
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, work ethic, and commitment to providing excellent customer service, while establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Polished and professional negotiation and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to think strategically, multi-task, attend to detail/deadlines, and work well under pressure.
- Flexible and able to quickly learn, adopt new technologies, and adapt to changes in systems, tools and processes.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, file management and other automated system applications.
- Passion for parks, strong desire to work for the Presidio
- Experience working with Oracle Financial Systems or similar enterprise financial systems
- Creativity and flexibility
About Presidio Trust Contracting
Approximately 3,000 people reside in apartments, townhomes, single-family homes or duplexes in one of the 21 distinct Presidio neighborhoods, which are located near forest groves, trails, waterfront paths, a golf course, and a beach. More than 3.5 million square feet of non-residential space is located around the park. Two-thirds of the buildings are historic, representing a variety of architectural styles, from the Spanish era through World War II. The Presidio is an extraordinary place to work for the thousands of employees of approximately 100 businesses who lease commercial space. Presidio Trust Contracting partners with Operations to ensure that the Presidio Trust maintains its financial self-sufficiency and is able to provide beneficial public programming, ensuring that future generations will continue to enjoy the beautiful Presidio.
The Presidio Trust has identified this position as subject to an employment background investigation which shall consist of a review of applicable county, state and Federal criminal and civil records, state bankruptcy indexes and a credit report. An individual's granting of a background investigation and resulting report is voluntary. However, employment in this sensitive position is contingent upon the successful completion of an employment background investigation. The Presidio Trust may refuse to hire an individual, may rescind an offer of employment to an individual, or may review and terminate the employment of a current employee not successfully completing the background investigation.
This position requires the completion of the U.S. Office of Government Ethics (OGE) Form 450, Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, both as a New Entrant into the position and annually thereafter. The purpose of the financial disclosure system is to assist employees and their agencies in avoiding conflicts between official duties and private financial interests or affiliations.