The Presidio Trust is seeking a Chief Marketing Officer to lead a team of talented professionals in marketing our real estate and hospitality businesses to our customers, and the Presidio as a national park site to millions of visitors. The Chief Marketing Officer will help us meet our goals of connecting people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities with this magnificent place, being a model of environmental stewardship, and providing outstanding service and value to our visitors, our customers, and the public in a unique government agency.
The Presidio Trust is charged with operating the Presidio without taxpayer support. We earn funds by leasing homes and workspaces, and by operating two hotels, four restaurants, special event venues, and a golf course. All the money from our businesses is used to operate and improve the park and provide a great experience for park visitors.
Our ideal candidate is a results-oriented marketing and communications professional with a passion for producing great results for a great cause. If you love parks, if you aspire to be a servant leader for mission-driven staff, and if you want to work with a fun and passionate group of executives, we want to see your application!
Applications received by May 19, 2019 will receive first consideration. We are planning to hold the first round of interviews on May 30 and the second round on June 7. Please reserve these dates on your calendar if you are serious about this position.
- Manage consistent Presidio Trust branding and identity across all communications and promotions, printed and electronic.
- Oversee media relations including press, social media, and all methods of advertising.
- Set up business processes and metrics to manage the Marketing & Communications Division budget and staff.
- Drive daily execution and enhancement of the overall marketing strategy for the park, including park businesses and park visitor engagement.
- Analyze the performance of marketing investments, review visitor and business results, and adjust the marketing strategy accordingly.
- Participate in research to look for new ways to grow park visitation and business net operating income, consistent with the vision and mission of the park.
- Manage the Presidio Trust's website and continuously update information provided on the site to serve visitors, customers, and staff well.
- Build a network of reliable, cost effective external agencies and marketing professionals to efficiently deliver marketing and communications objectives.
- Manage internal communications, including the Trust's intranet and other channels.
- Manage the Trust's proactive government relations and stakeholder engagement programs, including requests for information and for tours.
- Ensure the staffing of the CEO and Board members for events.
- Represent the Trust at high-level and strategically important meetings and events, including those with the public, elected officials, and community leaders.
- Serve on the Trust's Executive Team to make the major strategic and operational decisions for the Trust.
- Collaborate with the Golden Gate National Recreation Area and Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy in pursuit of shared goals.
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 10 years of relevant experience (including at least 5 years managing staff members)
- Excellent judgement
- Excellent people management and motivational skills
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Desire and ability to work closely with colleagues on a highly interactive Executive Team
- Positive attitude, good sense of humor
About the Presidio Trust Communications Team
- MBA or other relevant graduate degree
- Passion for parks; strong desire to work for the Presidio
The Communications team attracts and welcomes visitors to the Presidio through innovative communications and marketing efforts, facilitates the strategic planning process, crafts the Presidio's narrative, offers an invitation to the public using many tools and channels, and solicits feedback to help the organization continuously improve its offerings to the public. In 2017 Sunset Magazine recognized the Presidio as "the most popular destination in the national parks network."Background Investigation
The Presidio Trust has identified this position as subject to a standard employment background investigation which shall consist of a review of applicable county, state and Federal criminal and civil records, state bankruptcy indexes, and a credit report. An individual's granting of a background investigation and resulting report is voluntary, however, employment is contingent upon the successful completion of the investigation. The Trust may refuse to hire an individual, rescind an offer of employment, or review and terminate the employment of a current employee who does not successfully complete a background investigation.Financial Disclosure
This position requires the completion of the U.S. Office of Government Ethics (OGE) Form 278, Public Financial Disclosure Report
, both as a New Entrant into the position and annually thereafter. The purpose of the financial disclosure system is to assist employees and their agencies in avoiding conflicts between official duties and private financial interests or affiliations.To apply, send your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are a good fit for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail to Employee Support Services, Attn: Chief Marketing Officer position, Presidio Trust, P.O. Box 29052, San Francisco, CA 94129-0052. You do not need to fill out the application form to apply.