Do you have years of experience in the hospitality and/or real estate sectors? Do you love parks? Do you love helping make historic homes and buildings come alive with contemporary uses? We have the dream job for you!
The Presidio Trust is seeking a Chief Business Officer to lead our real estate and hospitality division at the Presidio of San Francisco. As the Chief Business Officer, you'll be in charge of a large and very successful residential and commercial leasing portfolio, with over 1,100 housing units and hundreds of commercial tenants. You will also manage our diverse hospitality portfolio, with two hotels, four restaurants, six venue rentals, catering operations and an 18-hole historic golf course. And you'll do this work knowing that every dollar earned is reinvested in this beautiful, National Historic Landmark District, and national park that delights millions of visitors each year.
An unusual federal agency, the Presidio Trust runs the only national park site in the United States that has the flexibility to earn and use our own revenue. Each year we earn in excess of $100 million through our business ventures, yet we still have more buildings to renovate and new business opportunities to pursue. We invest our revenue into our historic forest, dunes, streams, trails and designed landscapes, into our hundreds of historic buildings, park-wide infrastructure, into visitor programs and amenities, and into our people, to make this magnificent place come alive for our park visitors.
Our ideal candidate has a drive for excellence, significant experience overseeing hospitality and/or real estate leasing and asset management, a servant leadership management style, a passion for parks, and a good sense of humor. And s/he enjoys working with a strong executive team to make the tough decisions for an organization. If you have these qualities, please apply! We'd love to show you our beautiful park.
Applications received by November 12th, 2018 will receive first consideration. We are planning to hold the first round of interviews on November 26th and 27th, the second round of interviews December 7th, and the third round of interviews the week of December 10th. Please hold those dates if you are serious about this job.
- Oversee a residential real estate portfolio of over 1100 units, many of them historic buildings.
- Oversee a diverse non-residential real estate portfolio of over 280 tenants and subtenants, ranging from small non-profits to retail to large master developer tenants.
- Oversee two hotels totaling 68 rooms, 4 restaurants, 6 venue rentals, an 18-hole golf course, and full-service catering.
- Identify, evaluate and implement proposals for additional means of generating revenue for the Presidio Trust.
- Actively participate in a tight executive team built on honesty, directness and accountability.
- Manage 6 direct reports, with an extended team of 40 staff members, as well as major operators.
- Participate in Trust board meetings, presenting important projects and strategic issues to our board members who are appointed by the President of the United States.
- Help lead the organization to meet our strategic goals of being a national park that is visited and loved by all; a model of environmental stewardship in all our activities; and a model of operational excellence in public service.
- Embrace an environment of continuous improvement and deep employee engagement.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
- Experience in successfully managing a broad portfolio of responsibilities
- Excellent negotiation and deal-making skills and experience
- Excellent business analysis skills
- Excellent people management and motivational skills
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Excellent customer relationship management skills
- Passion for parks; strong desire to work for the Presidio
- Business development experience
- Lean or Six Sigma experience
- A strong sense of humor
About the Presidio Trust Business Division
Our mission is to develop and manage revenue sources in to maintain this beautiful park for the delight of our visitors now and for generations to come. We focus on rehabilitating and leasing historic buildings in the Presidio, bringing them back to life as homes and contemporary workspaces, while maintaining excellent relations with tenants who love being here. We also deliver high quality hospitality experiences to a wide range of clients. We are proud of our role in making the Presidio successful and look forward to working with our next leader to continue to excel.
The Presidio Trust has identified this position as subject to a standard employment background investigation which shall consist of a review of applicable county, state and Federal criminal and civil records, state bankruptcy indexes, and a credit report. An individual's granting of a background investigation and resulting report is voluntary, however, employment is contingent upon the successful completion of the investigation. The Trust may refuse to hire an individual, rescind an offer of employment, or review and terminate the employment of a current employee who does not successfully complete a background investigation.
This position requires the completion of the U.S. Office of Government Ethics (OGE) Form 278, Public Financial Disclosure Report, both as a New Entrant into the position and annually thereafter. The purpose of the financial disclosure system is to assist employees and their agencies in avoiding conflicts between official duties and private financial interests or affiliations.