The Presidio Trust is seeking an Assistant Building Services Coordinator to represent the Presidio at the Officers' Club, and occasionally in other Trust occupied spaces throughout the Presidio. Once an Army Post, the Presidio of San Francisco is now a new kind of national park. The 1,500 acre Presidio contains a richly layered history and is a natural oasis for wildlife, plants, and people. It's also home to site-based art installations, a freshwater lake, an extensive network of hiking and biking trails, carefully restored and maintained historic buildings, and San Francisco's most iconic views. In its second decade as a park, public awareness and enjoyment of this exceptional place continues grow.
Our ideal candidate is a conscientious and accountable ambassador, demonstrating highly professional conflict resolution and customer service skills while interacting with guests, visitors, tenants, contractors and colleagues. You are dedicated to welcoming the public and ensuring that Presidio facilities, particularly the Officers' Club, are consistently kept in the best conditions to preserve these beautiful spaces for future visitors.
This is a full-time position with benefits and a minimum salary of $52,443 per year. The weekly schedule is Saturday through Wednesday, 8 hours per day. Applications received by August 6th, 2018 will receive first consideration. We are planning to hold interviews beginning the week of August 13th, make a job offer within the month, and set a work start date in September 2018.
- As an important member of the Branch of Commercial Asset Management team, inspect building facilities to identify building maintenance needs, which will include the interior and exterior of each assigned building including landscaped areas, trash enclosures and loading zones. Call in work orders and follow-up as needed. Monitor common areas for cleanliness; clean as needed. Maintain an environment that is sanitary, attractive and in orderly condition.
- Perform minor maintenance repairs as needed such as changing light bulbs, unclogging drains, etc.
- Assist in monitoring building systems and computerized controls.
- Oversee the work of contractors and staff responsible for providing janitorial and security services to assigned facilities.
- Act as a liaison with elevator, life safety, pest control, waste management, recycling, special event programming and set-up, building tour and other service providers as well as building users.
- Serve as an ambassador to the public.
- Monitor janitorial supplies and make recommendations for orders.
- Remain available for after-hours emergency calls as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree or 2 years of experience in building and facilities maintenance.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service, including articulate public communication and speaking skills.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and achieve effective time management.
- Experience overseeing janitorial and security operations.
- Knowledge of building systems (including air handling units, boilers, chillers, fire alarm and security).
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet established goals and objectives and deadlines.
- Ability to recognize and coordinate emergency repairs and perform small repairs such as changing light bulbs and moving furniture and equipment.
- Must use a ladder in an occupied area.
- Basic computer skills and ability to use email, MS Excel and Word, audio-visual equipment and building system controls.
- Must maintain a valid driver's license to drive between assigned facilities.
- Passion for parks; strong desire to work for the Presidio.
- Experience working in hospitality, museum/exhibition gallery, historic resources, historical society and/or educational settings a plus.
About the Presidio Trust Officers' Club
The Presidio includes some of San Francisco's most iconic event spaces. The Officers' Club, one of San Francisco's first buildings (established in 1776), offers panoramic views across the main post lawn and San Francisco bay, a stunning ballroom, and an open air courtyard. Throughout the 20th century, the O' Club was a gathering place for Army brass and their families. Today, it has been transformed into a multi-faceted community and cultural destination that includes a destination restaurant by award-winning chef Traci Des Jardins. The Presidio Trust is honored to share this, and many other, sublime spaces to host special events.
Driver's License Investigation and Review
This position requires a current, valid Driver's License prior to starting work, and maintenance of a driver's license throughout occupancy of the position. You will be subject to a driver's license investigation as a New Entrant, and annual driver's license reviews thereafter. An individual's granting of an investigation and resulting reports thereafter is voluntary. However, employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a driver's license investigation. The Presidio Trust may refuse to hire an individual, may rescind an offer of employment to an individual, or may review and terminate the employment of a current employee not successfully completing the driver's license investigation.