The Presidio Trust, an innovative federal agency created to save the Presidio, is seeking a Associate Director of Hospitality Sales & Marketing to oversee the sales, marketing and event operations for the Event Venues Section and assist with the overall branding and marketing strategy for Hospitality. This position is responsible for establishing and maintaining a high level of visitor satisfaction to support the Trust's mission to welcome visitors and to generate revenue to support the park. The Presidio welcomes over 7.5 million visitors to the park annually, and The Hospitality Team is honored to welcome over 500,000 guests to these unique amenities.
Once an Army base, the Presidio is a unique national park located in San Francisco at the edge of the Golden Gate. With 1500 acres rich with history, nature, and open space, the Presidio contains hundreds of restored former military buildings animated by more than 3,000 residents and 200 companies, including high tech start-ups, innovative non-profits, and other organizations that offer a welcoming mix of visitor experiences. The park also offers a mosaic of wildlife communities, including the newly re-introduced native Pacific chorus frog, Forktail damselflies, California Floater mussels, Western Pond turtle, stickleback, over 30 butterfly species, 60 bee species, and one of the most diverse communities of migratory birds in the world with over 200 different species spotted. The Presidio also contains 991 acres of open space with 330 native plant species and 14 native plant communities, historic gardens and forests, restored and remnant wetlands, sand dunes, grasslands, a freshwater lake, and a salt marsh. On any given day at the Presidio, you'll find organizations pursuing new ideas, scientists conducting research, and people of all ages volunteering, learning, playing, and exploring.
Our ideal candidate has a strong connection to the mission of the Presidio, and a propensity for balancing revenue generation with a commitment to preserve and enhance the Presidio's resources. You have a high level of integrity and a natural disposition to seek structured solutions. You are highly organized, flexible, and able to solve problems on the fly; always striving to improvise, adapt, and overcome challenges. You have exceptional interpersonal skills, a high level of emotional intelligence, and are a tenacious and fun leader. If you have these qualities, come help us lead a great team in celebrating one of our great National treasures, and preserving it for many generations to come!
Applications received by July 8, 2019 will receive first consideration. We are planning to hold interviews the week of July 8th, make a job offer by the end of that week, and set a work start date the end of July 2019.
- Independently develops and executes a marketing strategy and marketing plan for the Hospitality Division utilizing the Park branding methodology defined by the Trust, subject to review by the Director for accomplishment of overall objectives
- Provides day to day leadership to sales associates to achieve property sales objectives with overall responsibility for achieving booking goals and property revenues; uses initiative and resourcefulness in researching trends and patterns to develop new policies and methods of achieving goals.
- Implements The Presidio's hospitality strategy and applicable park initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and focuses on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of the Hospitality Division's sales objectives.
- Evaluates the Hospitality Division's participation in the various sales channels (e.g., Area Sales, Group Sales, electronic lead channels, etc.); adapts to take advantage of new opportunities; and develops strong working relationships to proactively position and market the park's Hospitality amenities.
- Manages the Venue Sales marketing budget to enable development of venue specific campaigns, promotions and collateral to drive revenue and meet objectives.
- Works closely with 3rd party management companies to drive results, make changes, and ensure cooperation, collaboration, cross-selling, and cross-marketing of park-wide hospitality amenities to optimize top line growth and bottom line profitability.
- Responsible for developing, implementing, and running a Presidio Concierge Service so guests of the park may have a single point of contact to seamlessly learn about, book, and pay for the full range of Presidio Hospitality offerings, including, but not limited to: hotels, dining, catering, venue rentals, and other park offerings. This will be accomplished by developing online and in-person tools, technologies, systems, and processes that expedite and simplify guest inquiries and reservations.
- Oversees the development and management of sales tools and accounting processes for the Event Venues Section, such as revenue forecasts, monthly P & L reports, Special Use Permits, TULIP, Event software, and event Calendar, in order to ensure Trust compliance and to support the overall operations of the Event Venues Section
- Facilitates interdepartmental collaboration with Real Estate, Finance, Planning, Legal, and Public Safety and Municipal Services as it relates to the increasing revenue and visitor access through event activities
- Provides direct supervision to the Venue Sales Supervisor, Venue & Sales Coordination Specialists, Special Event Venues Assistants. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; authorizing time off; rewarding and disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Represent the Presidio Trust, and the park both to the industry and the general public
- B.A Degree
- Minimum of 5 years sales experience in Special Events or other trade related business
- Minimum of 3 years management experience
- Strong work ethic with the ability to be flexible and adapt with change
- Highly detail oriented/ ability to multi task
- Strong accounting skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
About Presidio Trust Hospitality
- Passion for parks; strong desire to work for the Presidio Trust
The Presidio includes some of San Francisco's most iconic event spaces. The Officers' Club, one of San Francisco's first buildings, offers panoramic views across the main post lawn and San Francisco bay, a stunning ballroom, and an open air courtyard. The Log Cabin, built in 1937, sits near the Golden Gate Bridge; its warm and rustic interior is complemented by a large lawn with a panoramic view of the San Francisco skyline. Inspiration Point, an outdoor venue, hovers above the Tennessee Hollow watershed; a canopy of eucalyptus forest extends below it to the bay, where visitors can at once see the expanse of the Presidio forests, the Palace of Fine Arts, San Francisco Bay, Alcatraz, and Angel Island. Presidio Trust Events is honored to share these, and many other, sublime spaces to host special events.Background Investigation
The Presidio Trust has identified this position as subject to a standard employment background investigation which shall consist of a review of applicable county, state and Federal criminal and civil records, state bankruptcy indexes, driver's license, and a credit report. An individual's granting of a background investigation and resulting report is voluntary, however, employment is contingent upon the successful completion of the investigation. The Trust may refuse to hire an individual, rescind an offer of employment, or review and terminate the employment of a current employee who does not successfully complete a background investigation.Financial Disclosure
This position requires the completion of the U.S. Office of Government Ethics (OGE) Form 278, Public Financial Disclosure Report
, both as a New Entrant into the position and annually thereafter. The purpose of the financial disclosure system is to assist employees and their agencies in avoiding conflicts between official duties and private financial interests or affiliations.