The Presidio Trust is seeking an Administrative Assistant to support the Administration, IT and PMO Departments. The 1,500-acre Presidio is richly layered in history, is a natural oasis for wildlife, plants, and people, and offers iconic views known around the world. In its third decade as a park, public awareness and enjoyment of this exceptional place continues to grow.
As an Administrative Assistant you will provide a broad range of administrative and clerical support to the department heads, as well as compile information for reports, schedules appointments, complete purchase orders, assist with time keeping and provide information to callers and office visitors.
This is a full-time role with benefits. Applications received by November 11, 2022 will receive first consideration. Interviews will be held shortly thereafter.
- Compose, edit, and type correspondence and other documents, including e-mails, letters, agendas, meeting minutes, estimates, schedules, databases, spreadsheets, etc.
- Complete Travel Authorizations, Travel Questionnaires, and Travel Vouchers for employees within area of responsibility. Arrange and coordinate travel schedules and reservations as needed.
- Manage the various department head calendars and coordinate appointments and meetings, as well as managing the Trust Master Calendar.
- Process visa purchase requests and purchase requests through Oracle for the full range of office services and/or supplies utilized by the three departments. Route invoices related to goods and/or services for approval. Contact vendors and purchase approved items. Reconcile visa card statement with Accounting Department.
- Serve as timekeeper and process timesheets for assigned employees on a bi-weekly basis. Query and produce reports as requested from the payroll system. Act as liaison between employees and Human Resources regarding timekeeping questions and issues. Serve as back-up timekeeper and act as liaison between offices.
- Assist with budget preparation, process, and suspenses for the work unit served and/or for various projects.
- Support administration of policies, process, and procedures, including review, format and upload updated departmental policies according to scheduled timetables.
- Provide monthly reporting support (coordination, meetings, publishing).
- Support Trust-occupied facilities, including but not limited to supporting office management, reception, copy machines, office equipment, shipping and receiving, mail distribution, and supply ordering.
- Organize and maintain SharePoint file systems and file correspondence and other records.
- Route incoming calls and correspondence to all appropriate parties.
- Provide back-up help for other administrative staff, assist department supervisors, provide project/logistics support, and stay informed on issues and projects within the work unit served.
- Act as the lead administrative coordinator for the run & maintain uniform program.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires three years as an Administrative Assistant, or an associate degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school;
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint; SharePoint.
- Knowledge of Oracle software and ability to extract reports from Oracle for project information and purchasing;
- Demonstrated ability to manage budgets and meet financial reporting requirements;
- A strong customer service orientation and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have ability to take the initiative and work independently; be flexible and multi-task effectively; respond to common inquiries; add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers and decimals, and compute rate and percentages;
- Read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, safety rules, and operating instructions for computers and other office equipment;
- Read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and government regulations;
- Search for, assemble, and summarize information as required from files and documents as requested by or in anticipation of the needs of the supervisor;
- Write routine reports and correspondence; solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists;
- Present information to top management; and make decisions concerning how and what needs to be done based on an understanding of the interrelationships between organizations, people, and issues involved.
About the Trust Operations Division
The newly established Trust Operations Division supports both internal and external customers. The division's purpose is to enhance the process efficiency of the organization, provide critical support services that make working at the Trust easier, and sustain strong relationships with employees, the public, and key stakeholders. The division includes the Administration and Contracting Department, the Project Management Office (PMO) and the Marketing and Communications Department.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
All Presidio Trust employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or obtain an approved medical or religious exemption. Employment is contingent upon submitting a COVID-19 Certification of Vaccination or qualifying for an exemption when hired.