The Presidio Trust is seeking an Accountant to assist with the day-to-day operations of the Accounting Department. Once an Army base, the Presidio is a unique national park located in San Francisco at the edge of the Golden Gate. With 1500 acres rich with history, nature, and open space, the Presidio contains hundreds of restored former military buildings animated by more than 3,000 residents and 200 companies, including high tech start-ups, innovative non-profits, and other organizations that offer a welcoming mix of visitor experiences. On any given day at the Presidio, you'll find organizations pursuing new ideas, scientists conducting research, and people of all ages volunteering, learning, playing, and exploring.
As our ideal candidate, you bring a strong mix of accounting and leadership skills, a life-long desire to learn, and a positive, motivated attitude. You are an effective communicator who applies your process knowledge, technical expertise, and business collaboration skills to ensure the integrity of accounting processes and data. You are a well-rounded, highly detail-oriented team-player, capable of managing competing priorities while striving for excellence in all that you do.
This is a full-time position with benefits. Applications received by October 15, 2021 will receive first consideration.
- Reconcile subledger activities to ensure accurate and timely recordation of summary level entries in the Trust's general ledger.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts and review financial reports to identify and explain variances on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Prepare journal entries and assist in the monthly close as needed.
- Assist various departments with accounting issues and queries and provide analysis and information as requested by management.
- Participate in internal (internal control) and external (financial) audits and provide timely audit information.
- Adhere to standard accounting principles and Trust procedures.
- Ensure subledgers are maintained accurately.
- Perform work with strict adherence to monthly, quarterly, and yearly deadlines.
- Work with management to improve efficiency and quality of processes for long term goals.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service with internal stakeholders, customers, vendors, other agencies, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from (4) four-year college or university in Accounting, Finance or Business, with at least 24 semester hours in accounting and related fields;
- OR CPA/CIA license;
- AND Minimum of (3) three years related experience in financial accounting.
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write documents that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information in a professional manner.
- Strong Excel and Oracle Financials ERP system knowledge desired.
- Knowledge of federal budgetary accounting.
About the Presidio Trust Finance and Administration Team
Our Finance and Administration Team is a diverse group of professionals. As part of a one-of-a-kind organization, the team brings together innovative private sector strategies while following federal policies and guidelines to develop and maintain the Presidio Trust's budget, support all accounting and reporting activities, and ensure the park is self-sufficient and continues to be available for all visitors.
The Presidio Trust has identified this position as subject to an employment background investigation, which shall consist of a review of applicable county, state, and Federal criminal and civil records, state bankruptcy indexes and a credit report. An individual's granting of an investigation and resulting report is voluntary. However, employment in this sensitive position is contingent upon the successful completion of an investigation. The Presidio Trust may refuse to hire an individual, may rescind an offer of employment to an individual, or may review and terminate the employment of a current employee not successfully completing the investigation.