COVID-19 safety measures and modifications are in place for overnight camping at Rob Hill.
Group sizes will be limited to a maximum of 8 people from the same household per campsite until June 30, 2021.
Beginning July 1, 2021, Rob Hill Campground will reopen to groups of up to 18 people per campsite with no restrictions on the number of households that may occupy a campsite. Rob Hill Campground will be following the San Francisco Department of Public Health’s guidance for outdoor gatherings, which currently allows for up to 75 people to gather outdoors. Because all four campsites at Rob Hill share the same restroom facilities, total campground occupancy will be based on San Francisco’s guidance. If San Francisco enters a more restrictive tier, or if new guidance is issued that alters allowable groups sizes for outdoor gatherings, group size maximums will be adjusted accordingly.
All other COVID-19 modifications, including the continued use of face coverings in compliance with the Presidio Trust Orders, as outlined in the Terms and Conditions for Use of the Rob Hill Campground During COVID-19 will remain in effect until otherwise noted.
All guests staying at Campgrounds and Lodging Facilities should follow the recommendations concerning non-essential travel and quarantine set forth in the State of California’s Travel Advisory.
Rob Hill is generally open for camping between April 1 and October 31 each year. Camping reservations for dates outside this window will not be accepted.
Reservations can only be made for overnight camping, day use reservations are not accepted. Applications that appear to be for less than one night of camping (either the check-out date is left blank, or the check-in and check-out dates match) will not be approved.
Reservations begin at 2 pm the day of check-in and end at 11 am the day of check-out. Designated quiet hours are from 10 pm to 6 am. Please respect other campers and residents of the neighborhoods near the campground.
Prior to submitting an application, please read the full
terms and conditions of use for Rob Hill Campground. When planning your trip, also keep in mind the following:
- Rob Hill is a tent-only campground. RV, pop-up and camper-truck camping or any similar type of vehicle camping is not allowed in Rob Hill or elsewhere in the Presidio. No hook-ups available.
- Alcohol is not permitted in Rob Hill Campground.
- Amplified music, smoking, firearms, explosives, and generators are not permitted in the campground.
- Dogs and other pets are not permitted at Rob Hill Campground. Service Animals, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), are welcome at Rob Hill.
- Wood and charcoal fires are permitted only in the BBQs and fire pits provided in each campsite. Collection of live, downed or dead wood is prohibited; you may bring in your own wood from outside the Presidio of San Francisco. Please extinguish all fires completely, with water, after use.
- Please do not burn wood or charcoal when there is a Spare the Air alert in effect. Visit
http://www.sparetheair.org to learn more. Your compliance reduces pollution and improves air quality.
In addition, the Presidio Trust may issue a ban on open fires in the event of high fire danger.
- The campground cannot be considered a temporary residence.
- The Great Room is not available for public use. The Great Room is reserved only for education programs sponsored by the Presidio Trust, Golden Gate Parks Conservancy, and National Park Service. Please do not disturb the groups using these spaces.
- The upper Fire Circle is reserved for
CAP programs whenever CAP is present in the campground. It may be available for public use on a case-by-case basis. Please inquire when making your reservation.
Costs of Camping
There is no cost to apply for a campsite permit, but when/if an applicant is approved for a campsite they will be responsible for paying the full campground fee in order to confirm their reservation. Applicants must pay for their reservations within 72 hours of being notified or by 12 pm on the Thursday before their check in date (whichever comes first); otherwise, their reservation will be cancelled. Payment instructions and an invoice will be sent to the approved applicants via email. Please provide an email address on your application that you check on a regular basis.
The cost to camp at Rob Hill Campground for the 2021 season will be $100 per site, per night during peak times, and $75 per site, per night during off-peak nights. Please reference the
Available Dates and Campsite Fees document for questions regarding the price of specific dates. Active duty and retired military personnel are eligible for a discounted price of $75 per site, per night on peak nights. Proof of service must be submitted along with your application.
Permit holders who wish to change the dates of their reservation may incur a fee of $25 per campsite. Permit holders who wish to transfer their reservation to a different permit holder will incur a fee of $20. Please reference the
Available Dates and Campsite Fees document for more information.
Campers who cancel their reservation at least 24 hours prior to their check-in time will be eligible for a refund of their camping fees minus a $25 cancellation fee. Reservations cancelled less than 24 hours in advance are non-refundable.
In the event that the Presidio Trust must close the campground for safety considerations or conditions a full refund will be provided.
Prices are subject to change based on changes to allowable group sizes.