Rob Hill is generally open for camping between April 1 and October 31 each year. Camping reservations for dates outside this window will not be accepted.
Reservations can only be made for overnight camping, day use reservations are not accepted. Applications that appear to be for less than one night of camping (either the check-out date is left blank, or the check-in and check-out dates match) will not be approved.
Reservations begin at 2 pm the day of check-in and end at 11 am the day of check-out. Designated quiet hours are from 10 pm to 6 am. Please respect other campers and residents of the neighborhoods near the campground.
Prior to submitting an application, please read the full
terms and conditions of use for Rob Hill Campground. When planning your trip, also keep in mind the following:
- Rob Hill is a tent-only campground. RV, pop-up and camper-truck camping or any similar type of vehicle camping is not allowed in Rob Hill or elsewhere in the Presidio. No hook-ups available.
- Alcohol is not permitted in Rob Hill Campground.
- Amplified music, smoking, firearms, explosives, and generators are not permitted in the campground.
- Dogs and other pets are not permitted at Rob Hill Campground. Service Animals, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), are welcome at Rob Hill.
- Wood and charcoal fires are permitted only in the BBQs and fire pits provided in each campsite. Collection of live, downed or dead wood is prohibited; you may bring in your own wood from outside the Presidio of San Francisco. Please extinguish all fires completely, with water, after use.
- Please do not burn wood or charcoal when there is a Spare the Air alert in effect. Visit
http://www.sparetheair.org to learn more. Your compliance reduces pollution and improves air quality.
In addition, the Presidio Trust may issue a ban on open fires in the event of high fire danger.
- The campground cannot be considered a temporary residence.
- The Great Room is not available for public use. The Great Room is reserved only for education programs sponsored by the Presidio Trust, Golden Gate Parks Conservancy, and National Park Service. Please do not disturb the groups using these spaces.
- The upper Fire Circle is reserved for
CAP programs whenever CAP is present in the campground. It may be available for public use on a case-by-case basis. Please inquire when making your reservation.
Costs of Camping
For reservations with a check in date before 9/1/2021, the cost is $100 per site, per night during peak times, and $75 per site, per night during off-peak nights. For reservations with a check in date of 9/1/2021 or later, the cost is $125 per site, per night during peak times, and $80 per site, per night during off-peak times. Please reference the Available Dates and Campsite Fees document for questions regarding the price of specific dates.
If an applicant is approved for a campsite they will be responsible for paying the full campground fee in order to confirm their reservation. Applicants must pay for their reservations within 72 hours of being notified or by 5 pm the day before their check in date (whichever comes first); otherwise, their reservation will be cancelled.
Active duty and retired military personnel are eligible for a discounted price of $75 per site, per night on peak nights. Proof of service must be submitted along with your application.
Permit holders who wish to change the dates of their reservation may incur a fee of $25 per campsite. Permit holders who wish to transfer their reservation to a different permit holder will incur a fee of $20. Please reference the
Available Dates and Campsite Fees document for more information.
In the event that the Presidio Trust must close the campground for safety considerations or conditions a full refund will be provided.
Prices are subject to change based on changes to allowable group sizes.