Rob Hill Campground is closed for the 2020 camping season. Rob Hill is typically open for camping from April 1 through October 31 every year. We are not yet accepting reservations for the 2021 camping season, and we have not yet decided on a date for the 2021 campground lottery. Updates about the 2021 camping season will be posted on this site when more information is available.
We will only accept reservations for dates between April 1, 2020 and October 31, 2020. Applications with dates outside of this window will be discarded. Reservations must include at least one night of camping. Applications that appear to be for less than one night of camping (either the check-out date is left blank, or the check-in and check-out dates match) will be discarded.
There is no cost to apply for a campsite permit, but when/if an applicant is approved for a campsite(s) on their requested date(s) they will be responsible for paying the full campground fee for their site(s) within
72 hoursof being notified in order to confirm the reservation. Payment instructions and an invoice will be sent to the approved applicants via email. Please provide an email address on your application that you check on a regular basis.
Costs of Camping
The cost to camp at Rob Hill Campground is $125 per site, per night during peak times, and $80 per site, per night during off-peak nights. Please reference the
Available Dates and Campsite Fees document for questions regarding specific dates. Active duty and retired military personnel are eligible for a discount of $75 per site, per night. Proof of service must be submitted along with your application.
Permit holders who wish to change the dates of their reservation may incur a fee of $25 per campsite. Permit holders who wish to transfer their reservation to a different permit holder will incur a fee of $20. Please reference the
Available Dates and Campsite Fees document for more information.
All campground fees are nonrefundable.
Frequently Asked Questions Document
For additional information and questions about the reservation process, please read our Rob Hill Lottery Frequently Asked Questions.
These are the full terms and conditions of use for Rob Hill Campground. When planning your trip, please keep in mind the following:
Rob Hill is a tent-only campground. RV, pop-up and camper-truck camping or any similar type of vehicle camping is not allowed in Rob Hill or elsewhere in the Presidio. No hook-ups available.
- Alcohol is not permitted in Rob Hill Campground.
- Amplified music, smoking, firearms, explosives, and generators are not permitted in the campground.
- Dogs and other pets are not permitted at Rob Hill Campground. Service Animals, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), are welcome at Rob Hill.
- Wood and charcoal fires are permitted only in the BBQs and fire pits provided in each campsite. Collection of live, downed or dead wood is prohibited; you may bring in your own wood from outside the Presidio of San Francisco. Please extinguish all fires completely, with water, after use.
- Please do not burn wood or charcoal when there is a Spare the Air alert in effect. Visit
http://www.sparetheair.org to learn more. Your compliance reduces pollution and improves air quality. In addition, the Presidio Trust may issue a ban on open fires in the event of high fire danger.
Designated quiet hours are from 10 pm to 6 am. Please respect other campers and residents of the neighborhoods near the campground.
- Reservations are available for overnight camping only. We do not accept day-use reservations. Reservations begin at 12 pm the day of check-in and end at 11 am the day of check-out.
- The campground cannot be considered a temporary residence.
The Great Room is not available for public use. The Great Room is reserved only for education programs sponsored by the Presidio Trust, Golden Gate Parks Conservancy, and National Park Service. Please do not disturb the groups using these spaces.
- The upper Fire Circle is reserved for CAP programs whenever CAP is present in the campground. It may be available for public use on a case-by-case basis. Please inquire when making your reservation.