Special provisions for COVID-19 are in effect (see page 2 of the updated Terms and Conditions). Camping group sizes will be limited to a maximum of 8 people from the same household per campsite, and permit holders will receive 2 parking permits per campsite. In addition, please note that check-in time has been moved to 2 pm to allow additional time for our janitorial company to clean.
These are the full terms and conditions of use for Rob Hill Campground. When planning your trip, please keep in mind the following:
Rob Hill is a tent-only campground. RV, pop-up and camper-truck camping or any similar type of vehicle camping is not allowed in Rob Hill or elsewhere in the Presidio. No hook-ups available.
- Alcohol is not permitted in Rob Hill Campground.
- Amplified music, smoking, firearms, explosives, and generators are not permitted in the campground.
- Dogs and other pets are not permitted at Rob Hill Campground. Service Animals, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), are welcome at Rob Hill.
- Wood and charcoal fires are permitted only in the BBQs and fire pits provided in each campsite. Collection of live, downed or dead wood is prohibited; you may bring in your own wood from outside the Presidio of San Francisco. Please extinguish all fires completely, with water, after use.
- Please do not burn wood or charcoal when there is a Spare the Air alert in effect. Visit
http://www.sparetheair.org to learn more. Your compliance reduces pollution and improves air quality. In addition, the Presidio Trust may issue a ban on open fires in the event of high fire danger.
Designated quiet hours are from 10 pm to 6 am. Please respect other campers and residents of the neighborhoods near the campground.
- Reservations are available for overnight camping only. We do not accept day-use reservations. Reservations begin at 12 pm the day of check-in and end at 11 am the day of check-out.
- The campground cannot be considered a temporary residence.
The Great Room is not available for public use. The Great Room is reserved only for education programs sponsored by the Presidio Trust, Golden Gate Parks Conservancy, and National Park Service. Please do not disturb the groups using these spaces.
- The upper Fire Circle is reserved for CAP programs whenever CAP is present in the campground. It may be available for public use on a case-by-case basis. Please inquire when making your reservation.