The national park picnic is re-imagined with food and dance celebrating the diversity of the Bay Area.
Presidio Picnic is a great family event that takes place Sundays on the Presidio’s beautiful Main Parade Ground, a seven-acre lawn with views of the park, the city, and the San Francisco Bay. Back for its 6th season, Presidio Picnic features:
- A rotating lineup of 25 international mobile food creators representing the best of San Francisco’s multicultural food scene
- Free yoga class every Sunday from 11am to 12 am
- Free Presidio Y Bike learn to ride lessons for kids every 1st Sunday of the month. Bicycles and helmets provided
- Roving Ranger every 3rd Sunday of the month at Sheridan & Anza
- Cultural Dance Program every 4th Sunday of the month
New this Year – Free Cultural Dance Performances on the Fourth Sundays
This year Presidio Picnic brings a special focus to the many cultures of our diverse Bay Area community by offering a free cultural dance performance on the fourth Sunday of each month. In May, Presidio Picnic will present Ballet Folklorico Mexico Danza, a non-profit dance group designed as an after school program to keep Bay Area students out of gang activities, fostering students’ developments as disciplined dance artists. Honoring Bay Area Latin American heritage, Ballet Folkorico will bring a captivating program of Mexican Folk Dance to the Presidio on Sunday, May 27. See the link below for a list for future performances.
Learn more about Presidio Picnic – including food vendors, transportation options, what to bring and leave at home, and a calendar of upcoming dance performances >>
Presidio Picnic is presented by the Presidio Trust in partnership with Off the Grid.