PRESIDIO PICNIC - 2018 SEASON
Every Sunday: March 18 through October 21
11 am to 4 pm on the Presidio's Main Parade Ground
Get to the Presidio on the free
PresidiGo Downtown Shuttle OR
The national park picnic has been re-imagined with food and dance that celebrate the diversity of the San Francisco Bay Area!
Grab a blanket and head to your national park for the 6th season of Presidio Picnic. This great family event takes place on the Presidio’s beautiful Main Parade Ground, a seven-acre lawn with views of the park, the city and San Francisco Bay. Presidio Picnic features:
rotating lineup of 25 international mobile food creators representing the best of San Francisco’s multicultural food scene
Free Yoga class every Sunday from 11am to 12 am
- Free Presidio Y Bike learn to ride lessons for kids every 1st Sunday of the month. Bicycles and helmets provided
- Roving Ranger every 3rd Sunday of the month at Sheridan & Anza
- Cultural Dance Program every 4th >Sunday of the month. Final performance is 10/14. Last day of Picnics is 10/21.
New this Year: Free Cultural Dance Performances
This year Presidio Picnic brings a special focus to the food and cultures of our diverse Bay Area community by introducing a free cultural dance performance on the fourth Sunday of each month.
- March 18, 11:30 am: Ohlone Costanoan Rumsen Carmel Tribe performs a traditional welcome blessing to open the season
- April 29, 12 pm + 2 pm: SF Awakkoren Dance Group performs Awa Odori, one of the most well-known Japanese traditional dances with 400 years of history
- May 27, 12 pm + 2 pm: Ballet Folklórico México Danza appears in a colorful, high-energy performance
- June 24, 12 pm + 2 pm: Alafia Dance Ensemble demonstrate the beauty of African Haitian dance
- August 26, 12 pm + 2 pm: Parangal Dance Company performs Philippine regional and traditional dances
- September 23, 12 pm + 2 pm: An afternoon of Indian dance performances from California Napur Dance Academy.
- October 14, 12 pm + 2 pm: Manuia Review celebrates Polynesian cultural dance from Hawai'i, Tahiti, New Zealand, Tonga, and Samoa
A Launching Pad for Your National Park Adventures
Set at the heart of the country’s most visited urban national park, Presidio Picnic is your gateway adventure. Enjoy a wonderful day on the lawn and then explore the other amazing national park experiences that can be had here.The Presidio features miles of walking trails, sandy beaches, forests, hidden springs, historic sites, public events, and spectacular vistas – all free to enjoy. Plan your adventure at the Presidio Visitor Center, right next door to Presidio Picnic.
Love Your Park
Help us make Presidio Picnic a zero-waste event! We encourage visitors to show their love for the environment by participating in the “leave no trace” ethos. All food containers and service are 100% compostable. Bring your own water bottle and and use our free water refilling station in lieu of the sale of bottled water.
Getting to the Presidio
Here are ways to come to Presidio Picnic without a car:
Presidio Picnic Food and Retail Vendors (subject to change)
Presidio Picnic continues to explore the Bay Area’s cultural roots through a wide selection of international cuisines. This year, the rotating lineup of 25 of the Bay Area’s best mobile food concepts includes:
Senor Sisig: A mashup of the best that Filipino food and Mexican taquerias have to offer, serving
sisig-style (24-hour marinated pork shoulder)
burritos, and fries)
Hot Bird: Oakland-based Nashville-style fried chicken and first-timer at Presidio Picnic
Little Green Cyclo: Vietnamese street food hits like garlic noodles and
Del Popolo: Neapolitan-inspired pizza from a wood-fired oven featuring local, artisanal ingredients
Slightly Skewed: Asian-style skewers and street foods influenced by the ingredients and flavors of Central and Southeast Asia
Gyro Stop: gourmet Mediterranean fusion concept specializing in
Jackrabbit: creative sliders, sides, and fresh baked treats made with local ingredients from Northern California’s farms and ranches
Seoul of Taipei: Korean and Taiwanese mash-up concept serving outside-the-box rice bowls,
El Pipila: authentic Guanajat cuisine launched through San Francisco’s culinary incubator for low income entrepreneurs, La Cocina, and appearing at Presidio Picnic as a Mexican fruit stand
Cielito Lindo Mexican Street Kitchen: Mexican street food favorites like
tortas topped with roasted steak
mole, and veggie
Spork and Stix: Thai and Korean fusion purveyors serving inventive rice boxes, noodle bowls, and sliders
DUM Truck: Indian soul food classics like chicken
paneer kati rolls and mango
- A full bar presented by
Rye on the Road featuring wine, beer, spirits, and craft cocktails.
Guidelines and Frequently Asked Questions
To protect the park and our environment, please refrain from placing stakes in the lawn and bringing helium balloons to this event. View a complete list of questions and answers to help you plan your day at Presidio Picnic >>
Presidio Picnic is presented by: