When: Wednesdays & Saturdays, 1 pm–4 pm
Where: Presidio Nursery
Volunteer activities vary throughout the seasons and include seed collection, seed cleaning, transplanting into pots, pruning, weeding in pots, pot washing, maintaining the greenhouses, care of our Habitat Demonstration Garden, and sometimes handy or artistic projects. The Presidio Nursery is accessible, usually has a diversity of projects to suit varying desires for active work, and welcomes people of all backgrounds, skills, and abilities. Check the Presidio Nursery volunteer homepage for program updates and cancellations.
Nursery programs are limited in capacity. Groups of five or more may require special arrangements and must be confirmed in advance. Visit our Groups volunteer page to learn more.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers of all ages are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.
The Golden Gate National Parks Volunteer Program is a cooperative parkwide effort of the Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy, the National Park Service, and the Presidio Trust.