When: Fridays, 9 am–Noon;
Where: Meet at the Presidio Transit Center on the bay-facing side of the building a few minutes prior to the start of the program for a prompt 9:00 am departure. Volunteers will be shuttled by van to the project site.
One program, two types of stewardship!
Forest Stewards tend to young trees in the Presidio’s reforestation areas. Learn about urban forestry and arboriculture, while assisting with forest maintenance through planting, weeding, mulching, and other stewardship activities.
Trail Stewards help maintain and enhance park trails and pathways. Volunteers help us maintain a world-class trail system for the community to enjoy for now and forever. Activities often include clearing brush, installing trail features, hauling debris, pruning, raking, or weeding.
Check the Presidio Trust website for additional updates.
Groups of five or more may require special arrangements and must be confirmed in advance. Visit our Groups volunteer page to learn more.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers of all ages are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Presidio Trust Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.
The Golden Gate National Parks Volunteer Program is a cooperative parkwide effort of the Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy, the National Park Service, and the Presidio Trust.