The Presidio Trust is seeking a Sign Technician to join our busy Sign Shop in the Municipal Services Department. Once an Army Base, the Presidio of San Francisco is now a new kind of national park. The 1,500 acre Presidio contains a richly layered history and it's a natural oasis for wildlife, plants, and people. It's also home to site-based art installations, a freshwater lake, an extensive network of hiking and biking trails, carefully restored and maintained historic buildings, and San Francisco's most iconic views. In its second decade as a park, public awareness and enjoyment of this exceptional place continues to grow.
Our ideal candidate has an imaginative and creative designer's eye, and meticulously crafts a variety of informative, helpful, and attractive signage for a variety of purposes. You are detail-oriented, and equally dedicated to installing signage safely and properly, ensuring that all deliverables fulfill their purpose. You demonstrate strong communication skills and enjoy working with customers, tenants, partners, contractors, and fellow staff.
Applications received by January 10, 2017 will receive first consideration. This is a full-time position. Minimum salary is $29.42 per hour. We are planning to hold interviews and make a job offer beginning the week of January 10, 2017, and set a work start date shortly thereafter.
- Work as a journey-level Sign Technician in a digital graphics sign shop, and provide signage for the Presidio Trust, Presidio tenants, and organizations using Presidio facilities.
- Collaborate with customers to create signs appropriate for the intended purpose.
- Design, produce, install, and maintain signage throughout the Presidio, including reflective signs for roads, trails, buildings (interior and exterior), banners for short and long term events, and signage for vehicles.
- Work with a small team of skilled fabricators, assemblers and installers.
- Apply high-quality signage graphics.
- Perform laminating and finishing work.
- Order supplies and materials for the sign shop.
- Skilled in using various signage software (e.g., CorelDraw, FlexiSign, etc) and equipment (e.g., Epson & Roland Wide Format printers, Gerber & Roland cutters, Gerber Edge II, Rotary and Laser Engravers, Finishing lamination).
- Ability to design signs on the basis of brief, general information provided by the customer.
- Ability to develop appealing designs, and determine layout, balance, spacing and colors.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, fabrication plans, and procedure manuals.
- Required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Frequently lift or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles. Frequently exposed to high, precarious places and outside weather conditions. Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and toxic or caustic chemicals. Noise level is usually loud.
About the Presidio Trust Municipal Services Department
Approximately 3,000 people reside in apartments, townhomes, single-family homes, and duplexes in one of the 21 distinct Presidio neighborhoods, which are located near forest groves, trails, waterfront paths, a golf course, and a beach. More than 3.5 million square feet of non-residential space is located around the park. Two-thirds of the buildings are historic, representing a variety of architectural styles, from the Spanish era through World War II. The Presidio is an extraordinary place to work for the thousands of employees of approximately 100 businesses who lease non-residential space. The Presidio Trust Municipal Services Division ensures that these beautiful, historic buildings are operational, safe, and ready every day for their modern uses by tenants, residents, employees, and visitors.