The Presidio Trust is seeking a Set-Up and Audio Visual Specialist to join a dynamic team that sells and hosts a variety of events and conferences in the Presidio. The Presidio is a new kind of national park. It is home to the spectacular vistas, nature and programs that visitors would expect in a national park as well as a community of residents and organizations who bring renewed vitality and purpose to this former military post. The Presidio offers awe-inspiring views and historic venues ideal for gatherings, celebrations, ceremonies, meetings and retreats for up to 700 people.
Each day is different at the Presidio venues – one day a conference for 10-280 people, and the next a wine tasting event, gala, wedding, bar mitzvah, trade show or a product launch. Our ideal candidate loves the Presidio, and is a highly motivated team player dedicated to helping manage a variety of events. You are accountable for setting up and operating sound systems and theatrical lighting equipment, and juggling logistics, each step in sync with the highest level of customer service. You cultivate client partnerships and ensure that all details are communicated and executed for a successful and enjoyable experience for all involved.
Applications received by November 29, 2016 will receive first consideration. This is a full-time position. Minimum salary is $49,389 per year. We are planning to hold the first round of interviews beginning the week of December 5, make a job offer by mid-December, and set a work start date in early January, 2017.
- Represent and advance the Presidio Trust mission through coordination and execution of Presidio programs and events.
- Assist with the set-up and break-down of special events, and ensure event/room set-ups are completed accurately, safely and efficiently.
- Inspect facilities and report any maintenance or housekeeping concerns to supervisor.
- Maintain storage areas and track inventory and lost and found items.
- Install and operate Trust owned sound and lighting equipment. Responsible for AV needs inside Hospitality buildings and staffing internal events.
- Work directly with U.S. Park Police in traffic management during large special events and serve as the Presidio Trust representative during these events. Coordinate the reservation of paid parking purchased by clients.
- Perform day-to-day maintenance and inventories of Hospitality rental property, including reordering, organizing warehouse, and replacement of consumable products.
- Follow diagrams and written instructions to set up and break down tables, linen, chairs, stages, lighting and sound equipment either rented from the Trust or provided in support of Trust-sponsored and rental venues.
- Install directional signage for events.
- High school diploma, and at least three years of professional experience in the special events industry.
- Collegiate level Audio/Visual (A/V) training.
- Computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to operate power tools and work from written instructions and drawings.
- Ability to work independently, stay on task, meet deadlines, and follow through on assignments.
- Ability to repeatedly lift loads up to 50 pounds, drive vehicles including carts, 1½ ton 4x4 truck, cargo vans and passenger vehicles, and often perform work from elevated locations including ladders, lifts and platforms. Work will often require remaining on ones feet for the entire shift. Work will often shift from strenuous physical activity to sedentary office situations.
- Work is split between indoor and outdoor settings, with outdoor work including the performance of duties in inclement weather including wind, rain, and low temperatures. Work is often performed at various hours including early mornings, nights and weekends, often involves shifts in excess of 8 hours, and may be performed in dark environments.
- Must possess and maintain a valid California driver's license.
- Experience in coordinating events is desirable.
- Passion for parks; strong desire to work for the Presidio.
- Highly self-directed, responsible, and flexible with mature judgment and a positive attitude and work ethic.
- Ability to manage the expectations of a wide range of clientele.
About Presidio Hospitality
The Hospitality Venues Team welcomes clients and their guests from across the Bay Area, the United States, and the world! Not only a National Geographic 2015 Best of the World top destination for travelers, the Presidio is also an incredible place to gather for events. Intimate chapels, elegant reception sites, and conference facilities provide beautiful backdrops for weddings, celebrations, meetings, and retreats. The Hospitality Venues Team offers a complete event experience, connecting our visitors and clientele to popular venues and amenities such as catering from Bay Area Chef Traci Des Jardins, overnight accommodations at the Inn at the Presidio, and recreational opportunities all around the park.