The Presidio Trust is seeking an impactful and positive Manager of Networks and Learning for the Presidio Institute. Once an Army Base, the Presidio of San Francisco is now a new kind of national park. The Presidio Institute is located at historic Fort Scott, a stunning 20-acre campus overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge. Building on the Presidio's legacy of service and public-private partnerships, the Presidio Institute provides transformational experiences that inspire, encourage, and empower leaders to make measurable impact in their communities.
The Presidio Institute is an initiative of the Presidio Trust, a distinctive federal agency created to save the Presidio and transform it for a new national purpose. The Presidio Trust's strategic direction includes a mission to create positive impact beyond its walls, through initiatives like the Presidio Institute, which engages individuals, nonprofits, foundations, academic institutions, government agencies, and private businesses to build a stronger pipeline of leaders who can stand up to the tests of our times. To learn more, visit:
The ideal candidate will support the Presidio Institute by leading the development and execution of a network enhancement and storytelling strategy. This will include elevating the work of alumni of Presidio Institute leadership experiences, identifying key communications and marketing partnerships to build brand awareness of the Presidio Institute and cross sector leadership movement, and confirm placement of Presidio Institute staff, faculty, advisors and alumni at key conferences, events and in publications. You will work closely with the Presidio Institute business development and program execution teams to further build demand for leadership education experiences including the Presidio Institute Fellows, Cross Sector Leadership Bootcamps, and online Leaderosity courses.
Applications received by December 2, 2016 will receive first consideration. We are planning to hold the first round of interviews beginning the week of December 5, make a job offer by mid-December, and set a work start date in early January, 2017.
- Develop the strategy and execution plan to advance the Presidio Institute's cross sector leadership networks, learning and storytelling programs.
- Develop and implement strategy to position Presidio Institute staff, advisors, partners and alumni as thought leaders and leading practitioners of cross sector leadership.
- Oversee and manage staff and consultants in implementing the design, delivery, and logistical aspects of the networks, learning and storytelling programs.
- Identify, cultivate, and secure partnerships that will financially support networks, learning and storytelling programs.
- Create and codify the theory of change for the Presidio Institute, including the unique cross sector leadership approach and knowledge sharing strategies.
- Develop and manage the evaluation tools and consultants necessary to test pilots, measure outcomes, attract additional support, share learning, and scale impact.
- Develop and implement the strategy to identify thought leaders, speakers, and partners to pilot and scale cross sector leadership programs beyond the Presidio Institute.
- Identify and cultivate corporate and philanthropic executive partners to provide financial and pro bono support to the Presidio Institute for key programs.
- Manage the budget and timeline of networks, learning and storytelling programs.
- Provide feedback and development for assigned staff members and key consultants.
- Five years or more of senior professional experience in the corporate, nonprofit, or public sector, preferably with a focus on networks, learning, and storytelling.
- Experience with business development and scaling product lines.
- Strong customer service orientation, and a strong balance of strategic and operating skills.
- Ability to leverage and/or build credibility with a diverse group of thought leaders from all sectors.
- Strong collaborative and facilitation skills.
- Interest and experience in testing and scaling innovative practices.
- Experience in utilizing research and evidence-based practices in developing program models.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Experience managing budgets and delivering projects on time within budget parameters.
- Excellent public speaking, verbal and written communication skills; and, proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Work is principally sedentary. Some work may require walking and standing in conjunction with attendance at meetings or in the performance of tasks outside the office. Typically required to carry light items and may drive or be a passenger in a motor vehicle.
- Optimistic and positive attitude with a demonstrated deep commitment to the highest level of customer service.
About the Presidio Institute
We envision a world in which leaders working in all communities, industries, and sectors are equipped to solve complex social, economic, and environmental challenges through cross sector collaboration. Our national center overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge is focused on building the capacity of individuals and teams to practice cross sector leadership and collaboration. At the Presidio Institute, we define cross sector leadership as the practice of building and supporting alliances of individuals working within and across sectors that together have a role in solving a problem and achieving a shared goal. This work requires leaders who can facilitate the members of these alliances in building teams, solving problems, and achieving impact.